𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

Huge bouquets rest on the walls of the hall leading to the bride's dressing room. The intricate scent of lavender fills the air as fireworks cast different arrays of light inside the hall.

I scan the hall before sneaking into the bride's dressing room. The sparkly room is full of warmth from the bride's family and friends.

The groom's family did not approve of the bride. They refused to see her before the ceremony but despite the disapproval, the ceremony is moving smoothly.

"Do you have eyes on the target?" Miguel asks, his voice booming from my earpiece.

A high-pitched static travels through my ear upon hearing his voice. I wince as I adjust my earpiece, making my way into the reception hall.

"Oh my goodness, Leah. Rose looks like she's about to lose it. Just get it over with before she breaks character," Miguel lets out an amused chuckle.

I swing my gun before sliding it into my trousers pocket as my mind wanders back to my last mission. Back to the stranger in my bed.

No, this is not the time for flashbacks. We have just ten minutes to finish this mission.

We're going through with the mission we've been planning for months. I still don't know what's in the item we're retrieving.

Father did not specify and I did not bother pressing him about it.

This is my first mission after my first break which I still regret having but it was bearable while it lasted.

I won't say I hate my job, I don't. I enjoy it as much as I try to enjoy my life. It's the least I can do to make myself feel in control. Moreover, if it pleases Father, then it ultimately makes me happy. That's why this mission can't be a flop.

"Let's welcome the bride's best friend for her words of encouragement," the announcer piques gleefully.

He seems to be having a lot of fun.

I'm not good with words but I'll give them something that'll keep them awake all night long.

The announcer handed me his microphone, smiling gleefully as he ushered me to the podium.

The crowd suddenly erupts in a loud applause that quickly dies off.

I walk up to the groom and slide my left hand into my pocket. His smile widens as he tugs on his suit before looking over to his bride, Rose.

I pull his collar and lean close to his ear.
"Sir Fredrick sends his regards."

The smile on his face fades and his mouth drops open upon hearing father's name.

I pull out my gun and pull the trigger, firing two rounds in his chest before he could react.

The guests erupt in chilling screams accompanied by unrecognizable monologues as they frantically rush toward the door.

He slowly crawls to Rose, his bloody trails covering the white tiles in a bright red color. Rose throws her white veil on the floor and hurries out of the wedding hall.

He then turns to me and mumbles something, pressing his fingers together. I bend down and lean close to him.

"Please," he gurgles, blood splattering on my face. "S...Save me."

Shit! Not my face. It'll dry up on my skin and I'll spend hours cleaning it off when I get back to the apartment.

The announcer's gaze is fixed on the blood trails as tears run down his cheeks. His once-flushed face is now clouded with fear as urine seeps out of his trousers.