Chapter 9: Initiation

A/N: Before I put out chapter 10, I'm gonna put up a proper QnA this time for the bonus chapter.(Write the questions under chapters 9-10)

I'll also put up a poll on what the Bonus chapter should be about(Since the bonus chapters aren't related much to the actual story)

/////

Ozpin: For years, you have trained to become warriors, and today, your abilities will be evaluated in the Emerald Forest

Glynda: Now, I'm sure many of you have heard rumors about the assignment of "teams." Well, allow us to put an end to your confusion. Each of you will be given teammates... today.

Ruby: (Thoughts) Just like Y/N told me. He's really into rumors, huh?

Ozpin: These teammates will be with you for the rest of your time here at Beacon. So it is in your best interest to be paired with someone with whom you can work well.

Weiss: (Thoughts) I have to go all out today.

Ozpin: That being said, the first person you make eye contact with after landing will be your partner for the next four years.

Ruby: Whaaaat?!

Y/N: Sorry, Glynda made me keep it a secret.

Nora: (to Ren) See? I told you-!

Ozpin: After you've partnered up, make your way to the northern end of the forest. You will meet opposition along the way. Do not hesitate to destroy everything in your path... or you will die.

Jaune laughs nervously, this isn't the first time he heard this line. Those words coming out of Y/N himself were terrifying enough. It coming out of Ozpin’s mouth? It made a shiver run down his spine.

Jaune: (Thoughts) Not this again...!

Ozpin: You will be monitored and graded through the duration of your initiation, but our instructors will not intervene. You will find an abandoned temple at the end of the path containing several relics. Each pair must choose one and return to the top of the cliff. We will regard that item, as well as your standing, and grade you appropriately. Are there any questions?

Everyone fell silent, no hands were raised and a stern but satisfied look on Ozpin's face was made.

The steady wind blew from afar, the sight of the Emerald Forest up close and personal was enough to make a grown man cry. The atmosphere was no less than tense... And then you have Nora.

Nora: I’m gonna be queen of the castle!

Ozpin: Good! Now, take your positions.

Everyone strikes a pose on their tile. Nora crouches low, Ren wields his weapons, Yang raises her fists, Ruby readies her body, Weiss steadies her weapon and Y/N cracks his neck.

Y/N: Jaune, do you remember the landing strategy I taught you?

Jaune: Taught me? That's a little shameless, isn't it?