Microphone x reader

AHHH i'm finally back!! so much happened during the break!! my dog nearly died (she's okay now don't worry <3), i finished a school year, got prescribed a whole surgery... it's a mess D: I'll try to update more regularly from now on though since i'm now on summer break B)

also do any of you know what tomorrow is?
my birthday :3

Requested by KyakoGaaden

Notes
-Takes place on season 2 episode 13
-O/N basically replaces Knife
-Gn!reader (they/them)
-O/N competed on season one and therefore remembers Taco :p
-1140 words!

enjoy!! ^_^

‧˚₊꒷꒦︶︶︶︶︶꒷꒦︶︶︶︶︶꒦꒷‧₊˚⊹

O/N's footsteps echoed through the odd cave.
They looked around at the shiny blue-ish minerals everywhere, how were there even that many?
The given challenge was something about cave mining and specific gems with this geometric shape... O/N hadn't exactly paid attention, but they knew what they were looking for.

They stopped at a random rock and began hitting it with their pickaxe. The object had no idea if his would lead anywhere, but it wouldn't hurt to try.
Over the clanging of O/N's tool against the rock, they heard a sneeze, followed by an apology, then another voice.

"Sorry, s'cuse me..."

"A sneeze. A SNEEZE? Mic, you blew it!"

O/N turned around to witness two floating bowties arguing with each other.

"Who says 'excuse me' after you sneeze?!"

"WHAT? What am i supposed to say--"

O/N frowned as the voices turned to incoherent arguing. They grabbed around the smaller bowtie, feeling an invisible figure against their hand.
Without thinking, they flung whoever-this-was against the ground. They then turned to the higher bowtie, pressing the button in its middle.

Its invisibility effect was disabled, revealing Mic.

"Uuh, don't hurt me!"

Microphone blubbered out hesitantly, holding both hands up defensively. O/N just stared at her in a mix of confusion and anger.

"What were you doing??"

"I'll cut to the chase! Join us! Yeah!"

Microphone stammered out, staring at O/N's uncertain eyes. Their gaze flickered between Microphone and the second bowtie that was still on the ground.

"Why would I do that? If i win this game, i want to do it without cheating."

O/N heard rustling at their side and turned to check the source of the noise. Taco was now visible, she stood up dusting herself off.

"Without cheating of course. Everyone knows you're a saint, O/N."

She feigned praise, her expression stern.
O/N glared at Taco, getting way too many flashbacks from seeing her.

"I wish you stayed a memory."

Microphone spaced out a bit as O/N and Taco began to bicker, her eyes drifting to a gem on the cave wall near O/N. Without thinking, she pushed them against it.