Chapter 1 - The Two Meet

MetroView is a set of crappy apartments, and MetroView only have the minimum items you would expect to have in a house, or in other apartments. These would include basic appliances or really worn out furniture for a majority of the rooms in the apartment.

Justin was sleeping peacefully in his bed, when his alarm goes off at exactly 8:00 A.M. "Aw man..." After hitting his alarm, and as he was stretching, he notices a pile of mail on the floor, located underneath the mail slot on the door. He gets up from the bed, and a she was tossing some mail behind his back, said in an annoyed tone-"Junk mail... junk mail... advertisements..."

As Justin flips to the last letter, his eyes widened and he says to himself- "The landlord? Hopefully, he doesn't raise the rent again..." Justin opens the letter and as he reads it, he groans in frustration. "Of course he raises it again... I'm gonna be homeless!" Justin falls onto the wall in defeat, with his hand placed on his forehead, while eventually sliding down onto the floor.

(Rachel's P.O.V.)

Rachel's home is located in a slightly nicer part of town, and furbished with a lot of expensive items and furniture. White wallpaper also line the walls, with the occasional blue stripe showing up. Currently, Rachel Till is sitting at the dinner table with her family, who consisted of Destiny, her mom, Jeff, her dad, and Kayla, her sister. While turning to face Rachel, Destiny asks- "So... When are you thinking of getting married?" Rachel rolls her eyes, and in an annoyed tone says- "Mom. For the last time, marriage is the last thing on my mind."

"Rachel please. You have to get married." Destiny says with a begging tone in her voice. With a grunt, Rachel says- "Maybe in the future. I got to focus on other things I'm interested in."

"Like what?" Destiny says as she prepares herself to continue eating. "You know what! Like my hobbies and my career! I just want to get my life in order." Rachel says as she hovers a fork near her mouth.

"Don't worry about that Rachel! You're part of one of the wealthiest families here!" Destiny says as she gets up to get an extra napkin. As Rachel gets up, she says- "Look Mom. I appreciate it. It's just I want something more in life. Not just sit around all day."

"We'll discuss this later. Do you mind getting some groceries?" Destiny asks as she searches for money in her purse. Rachel sighs and says-"Ugh... Fine. We'll talk about this later."

"Thank you. Here, take this." Destiny passes some money to Rachel, who then walks out the door after taking it. At the grocery store, Justin was working his usual cashier job. Rachel then comes over and after putting the groceries on the conveyor belt. While scanning her items, Justin asks- "So... How's your day?"

"Ehh.. It's... I don't know what to say. My mother doesn't seem to care." Rachel says as she fishes for her wallet. One of Travis's eyebrows shoots up. "About what? Sorry for asking." Rachel lets out a laugh and says- "That's fine. She doesn't seem to care much about what I want in life."

"Wow. That sucks." Justin finishes scanning the items, and starts to put the items into a bag. As Rachel pays for the items, she says- "I know. You don't seem like you're in a good mood either."

"Yeah, my landlord raised rent again and I'm worried I'll be homeless." A worried look appeared on Rachel's face. "Oh no.... Is there anyway I can help you?"