Chapter 0.5

Gore warning

Lan Jingyi POV:

Lan Jingyi lay on the freezing wet floor, feeling the merciless cold seeping through. His jaw was tense, gasping for air as blood dripped down from his ears, nose, and eyes, his teeth grinding against each other as he stared at Lan Sizhui eventually deciding to look away for a moment to avoid seeing the cruel glint in the Beast and to think, Lan Sizhui sat with crossed legs, coldly smiling while cruelly taunting Lan Jingyi with insults that Lan Jingyi could. Lan Sizhui had a chunk of Lan Jingyi's black hair grasped in his hand, tugging at it. Lan Jingyi couldn't understand how Lan Sizhui's smile could be so empty and frankly freaky-looking. It was rather quite obvious it was strained, and Lan Jingyi couldn't fathom why someone who usually took such pleasure from Lan Jingyi's pain like Lan Sizhui looked almost so empty, incomplete, unfulfilled, bored, disappointed. Lan Jingyi could go on describing the look on Lan Sizhui's face. Why was Lan Sizhui so unfazed, since after all, Lan Sizhui had everything? No more than anyone could dream of! Money, power, women, all the things that a power-hungry, greedy beast like him could want, so why was he so...

Lan Sizhui suddenly got a swift tug forcefully pulling his head to look at the beast.

"Look at me when I'm playing with you. I like seeing the pained expression on your face," Lan Sizhui said. "THAT SADISTIC BEAST! I won't give him the satisfaction of seeing me like this!" Lan Jingyi thought, determinedly forcing his head to snap back to the side.

"Your pathetic you know that? honestly, are you still trying to act tough? I thought by now you would stop it and start screaming. then again you always were like this, always being an asshole to me an-" 

The Rest of the beratings from The Beast/Lan Sizhui melted in as background noise as the sudden revelation hit him when he heard the last sentence-

"!!!HAHAHA!!!" Lan Jingyi cackled at a shocked Lan Sizhui.

"Why are you laughing?!" Lan Sizhui demanded, irritation veiled by an all too familiar, dagger-like smile. It hid the anger well, though Lan Jingyi couldn't hide the clenching of his fists or the increasingly rough tugs at Lan Jingyi's hair, eliciting a squeak from him. Nevertheless, Lan Jingyi continued to giggle, merely lowering his voice—a few scratchy octaves from dehydration—yet still loud enough for the beast to hear its echo off the empty water prison walls.

"You really are obsessed with me, aren't you? You don't want me to die; you just want me to suffer," Lan Jingyi said, unable to keep a straight face. "You're like this because of ME! And you will never EVER feel fully complete without me!!!" Tears of malicious joy sparkled in the corner of his eyes. It was all too hilarious for him, and he couldn't wait to see the look on the beast's face when they realized. 

the beast's eyes widened, eyebrows furrowed.

"you little sh-"

Lan Jingyi's eyes timidly closed, overwhelmed by exhaustion. Throughout the torture and bleeding, he had been forcing the blood that flowed from his heart out of his body using a technique adapted from an ancient blood oath, designed to direct blood from the heart to the finger. It was dangerous, but he knew he would survive with his well-developed golden core, no matter how weak. so he had modified it for his use...

He had been slowly dying, the wait had been excruciating, yet there was still a somewhat faint and hazy amusement he had gotten in watching The Beast become desperate to see any hint of emotion on Lan Jingyi's face, especially when he found out the Beast's true feelings for him. But now, he could not care less anymore. It was time to go to hell like he deserved...