𝟬𝟮𝟲 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒃𝒖𝒓𝒏

🎱

🎱. . .CHAPTER 26 ! -----
( real life . . . )
❛ lovebirds ❜

ᵣₑₐₗ ₗᵢfₑ !

The game's about to start with both teams on the pitch, separated and getting any last minute words of advice from their coaches. mikayla's sat on the bleachers in between abel and maria, who's sat next to matt, as nick squeezes through the tiny gaps left between everyone to take his seat next to his brother.

lucille and mason were planning on coming, but they changed their minds last minute considering how lacrosse lacks any interest for them. nate also planned on coming, but that was obviously before he found out what chris did to mikayla.

normally matt would be playing defense but with noah back from his temporary suspension his spot's been filled, but he isn't too mad about it considering that he has an opportunity to sit with maria for an hour.

mikayla snacks on her nachos caked with different toppings while subconsciously but warmly smiling at chris from the stands. "whatcha looking at?" abel inquires as a cherry sucker rests between his lips.

"chrisssss," maria quietly hums so that only matt can hear and they share loud laughs with one another. honestly, matt and maria's status is the elephant in the room within the whole friend group, because they're all just waiting for some sort of announcement to make it official considering how they bicker like a married couple.

"nothing too interesting," mikayla replies before she pushes her lips into a thin line while narrowing her eyes to get a better view of the two teams in front of her. "want some nachos?" she questions to change the subject away from the fact that she's definitely not trying to spot her fake ex boyfriend in the swarm of teenage boys.

abel chuckles and gratefully takes a couple, popping a chip into his mouth and dramatically reacting to the sudden kick of spice due to the hot sauce. "oh fuck me that's hot," he mutters, thickly swallowing to contain his reaction.

"don't be a baby abel," mikayla teases as she bites back a grin, passing him her blue raspberry slurpee,"here."

matt and maria glance at each other after watching them share a slushie, maria fake gagging at the fact that she'd prefer it to be chris. yes, maybe for the past week she's also been getting rides to school in abel's car too, but that doesn't change the fact that she loves how excited mikayla always seemed in her fake relationship.

maria grimaces at their interaction and matt laughs at her reaction, slowly putting his arm around her. she doesn't move, instead shuffling closer to him as his touch is enough comfort for her. "fuck off with this," nick unenthusiastically grumbles, hating the fact that he's basically fifth wheeling right now.