chapter one:

The icy cold air embraces my skin as the wide cityscape hooks me in. The multi colored city lights and bustling cars paired with the soft, shallow rain somehow soothes my nerves, especially when I'm (in this case) at my boss's apartment/ balcony at 9pm.

"Yuh gonna keep sitting there?"

I jump back, finally noticing Himeno's silhouette exhausting a drag out of her cigarette.

Her deep navy blue hair dances in the wind and her eyepatch shines in the dark.

I take a deep exhale as I slide out of my seat, making an irritating squeal beneath the tile floor.

I place my hands onto the freezing rail in front of me, as I subtlety stand next to Himeno.

"So you finally decide to join me, huh~" she slightly chuckles as a smile spawns on her lips, taking a final drag out of her cigar before tossing it into the abyss below us.

"mmm, yeah I guess" I nod as she hands me a cigar

"I can light it up for you.."

"Oh,no..no I don't smoke. It rots your bones you know," I sigh, slightly surprised at the question. doesn't she know I'm a minor??

"Ughhhhh why nottt??" She teasingly sighs.

"Look, We're gonna die soon in this job anyways, plus, I have a good feeling we'll be together for a looong time."

She lets out an exaggerated sigh as she holds the cigar, inching away from my mouth.

"Come'on honey.. just once y'know? For me?"

Her warm breath slowly drifts closer to me, almost waiting for a response. Her lips curve to an eager smile as I open my mouth to speak.

"Do you know how old I am..?" I question

"Mmmmm I dunno... seventeen?"

Her brows narrow, mirroring the shake of my head.

"Sixteen? fifteen? n-no..." Her mouth drops a the realization hits her hard.

"You're a minor??" Her shocked expression slightly amuses me as I let out a chuckle.

"Bingo" I smile, glaring out into the view ahead of me.

Her face turns white, as if she nearly poisoned me.

"W-Well-then I can't give you this!" She stampers, taking the cigar aback.

"I-I guess I'll save it for later then..You can't have a crippling nicotine addiction now!"

She lets out a heavy sigh as she holds a new cigar, effortlessly lighting it in one go.

...
A wave of silence washes over us.
Creating a calm ambience, solely focusing on the occasional zoom of cars and the constant clatter of rain echoing through our ears.
After a while her fingers suddenly fuse with my hair, slowly caressing it as her warm breath drifts closer to me.

"So~ I was planning on doing something tonight y'know, something that can get your mood up?"
She mutters in a seductive tone whilst her eager gaze locks onto mine.

"What..?" I mutter as my breath turns dense with my heart echoing in my chest.

"mmmm," she closes her eyes as as she rocks back and forth, swaying her hips as a finger spawns on her cheek.