Chapter 1 - strictly business

"Are you sure you don't want to stay home tonight? I know you're not fond of the whole frat party thing," You ask Dina, while the two of you are walking down to your next class. "Uh, actually you're wrong, I hate frat boys. Their parties are actually lit as fuck." She spoke as if it was common knowledge and you were an idiot for even thinking that.

"Right, my bad" You laughed a little, slowing down as you realized you were approaching lecture hall. "That being said," she stood in front of you and pat your shoulder. "I am going to be attached to your hip tonight. And your ass." She quickly finished her sentence before running into the room.

"Dina-!" You scoffed with a smile still on your lips before following her into the room.

You didn't bother paying attention in this class. Professor Slater had the natural talent in making things boring, especially history. The lecture itself wasn't even all that interesting, and her monotone voice was enough to make you want to throw yourself out of the window.

Dina on the other hand, was scrolling on her phone, probably on instagram, occasionally giving you details about the party.

"Oh and-" Dina spoke, immediately being cut off by Ms. Slater clearing her throat whilst staring dead at the both of you. She waited a few seconds before continuing on with her lecture. Dina rolled her eyes before pulling out her phone.

You watched as she quickly tapped her phone. She turned her phone to you and you attempted to read what was on the phone. You looked at her with a confused shrug, to which she replied with a scoff as she sat back in her seat. You felt your phone buzz in your pocket and you pulled it out. You unlocked your phone, looking at the text from Dina.

Ugh she's on it today. Anyways, you're bringing shit to the party tonight, right?

You paused for a second, glancing up at the professor before hiding your phone under the desk and texting Dina back.

Yeah prob - just one issue, i dont have a dealer anymore, remember? id have to find a new one -- u got any plugs?

You heard Dina suck her teeth at your message. There was a pause for a moment before the three dots pop up, followed by: Yeah, She's in my chem. Sometimes she can be a bit of an ass, but overall she's pretty chill.

Then, not even a second later: and gay.

You scoff before replying: life saver, with smiling emoji next to it.

What? The fact that she's gay or the fact that she's a plug -- or is it both?, Dina types.

You rolled your eyes, The fact that she's a plug, obv. Doesn't matter if she's gay or not, i don't mix business with pleasure.

Dina looks at you with a raised eyebrow, as if to say, bullshit.

Whatever, she's hot. And single.

You roll your eyes, typing, why don't you get with her then?, and the three dots move for a while, before Dina finally settles on: Me and Jesse are together remember? Trust me, I would've, followed by a heart eyes emoji.

"Huh??" You gasped, turning the heads of two people sitting in front of and next to you. You looked around before sinking into your chair again.

I "remember" you two being broken up like last week -- when did this happen??, you typed.

Last time you checked, they were on a break. And had been for a week and a half.

Dina stopped for a second to think before her fingers tapped the screen, Couple days ago.