Thorns aren't meant for angels.

Chapter one - Thorns aren't meant for angels.

It's been a busy day for Charlotte. She had been informed to work in the baby room all day and with the constant noise of babies crying and not sleeping at their scheduled time however hard she tried to soothe them, it appeared that her headache was not going anytime soon. Her mind telling her,"just one more hour Charlotte" was all that could keep her going at this point.

Sighing in relief, she finally managed to get one of the younger babies to sleep. The alleviation didn't last long though, as her phone repeatedly pinged in her pocket. As she pulled it out, the messages read:

"Charlotteee, we can work this out"
"Answer me Charlotte! You can't hide from me forever."

She stared blankly at the screen in the middle of the room, why did this have to happen to her? James, her so called husband, wouldn't leave her alone and the nasty messages played and picked at her brain almost all the time. She could feel herself getting emotional and she wasn't prepared to tell anybody what she was going through, even Marjorie. Although Marjorie was her manager, she was also one of her closest and best friends, but she couldn't bring herself to ask for help.

Charlotte quickly gathered herself together, before hearing muffled shouting coming from Marjorie's office. She suspected it was just a difficult parent, but as she wandered closer to the open door, she was met by a tall, red-headed woman that was grasping her hands together with annoyance. Charlotte was shocked but drawn to her for some reason. She wore black, denim shorts with tights underneath and a long-sleeved black lacy top. The two women instantly shut up as they saw Charlotte. "Char! Are you alright my love?" Marjorie gave Charlotte a warm smile. Even when Marjorie was frustrated she had always seemed to have a sense of calmness around her when it came to Charlotte. She just nodded slightly, not taking her eyes off the other. "Hello Sweetheart, I've heard great things about you. I'm Mia." Charlotte's heart instantly sank.

THIS is the woman that everyone has been gossiping about. And the gossip was NOT good gossip. "Oh! H-hey Mia.." She managed to get out, eyes darting everywhere else besides her. "Anyways, as long as you're all okay, I just thought I heard shouting so just came to check up on everyone.." As she was about to walk off, Mia stopped her in her tracks. "Also sweetheart, you're working with me at the sister nursery tomorrow, just so you're aware" Mia had a raspy voice as she spoke, still soft though. She was significantly taller than Char, she towered over her so much she was practically looking down beneath her. The pair were so close together as Charlotte listened intently to Mia's gentle breathing in her ear. "Oh. Okay, yeah, fine whatever. Bye Marjorie, Bye, Mia.." She swiftly pushed past the red head, slightly embarrassed at the encounter but also so angry. She didn't want to have to work with the person nobody else wants to work with, how come it was her that got left with her? That can't be a good thing. But for some reason she was already somewhat engrossed in her. No, that's not right. You hate her. You do hate her. You have to hate her.

After all, Thorns aren't meant for angels.

right?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hiya! This is my first ever wattpad story, ever actually. I have no idea where this story is going, I just had motivation to write so I thought I may as well write about our two favourites. If anyone has any ideas/suggestions or questions please let me know! Sorry my writing isn't so good, i'm learning 😭 Any advice is welcomed!!

I hope everyone has a lovely day/night! <3