𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. fireworks

𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐌𝐄─── ・ 。゚⟡ 𑁍 ⟡ ˚。 ・ ───જ⁀➴       𝙵𝙸𝚁𝙴𝚆𝙾𝚁𝙺𝚂      𖥔 ݁ ˖ ❫

𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐌𝐄
─── ・ 。゚⟡ 𑁍 ⟡ ˚。 ・ ───
જ⁀➴ 𝙵𝙸𝚁𝙴𝚆𝙾𝚁𝙺𝚂      𖥔 ݁ ˖ ❫

IT WAS QUIET. No, the opposite, actually—but no fights broke out. So, it was peaceful so far, putting aside the loud music that blasted.

"It's time,"

"Huh?"

"10:45. Like you said," Dylan and Aaliyah were outside with a couple of other people, just talking while others did their own thing.

"Mama said I could come after midnight, no later than one, though," She turned her head to him, "We can go if you want,"

"I have...other ideas if you're—"

"Mhm, okay, let's go," She grabbed his hand, sending Madelyn and Valeria a look, before texting them. "If you have plans to go to a store, sorry to say, I don't think any are open,"

"Just wanna spend time with you," He said without missing a beat, saying it casually and without any hesitation. Aaliyah didn't know what to reply, feeling her stomach doing a flip, and her heart pounding in her chest.

His arm around her as they walked down the cobblestone sidewalk, seeing an open thrift shop. He pulled her gently, making her face the secluded, lit up store with decor all over it. She looked into his eyes for a moment, talking with them as he nodded in encouragement and reassurance.

A beam on her face, dragging Dylan with her. Dim lights, vintage decor all over as she scanned the little store. Her eyes fell onto a beige and black cardigan, and she gasped. It had black stars on it, decorated with splashes from what looked like the ocean. She walked up to it quickly, her eyes almost turning into hearts as she examined it excitedly.

She took a glimpse behind her of the blond, which he replied to with a simple nod. She put it on her, and rushed to the nearest mirror, not noticing the pictures Dylan took of her with the digital camera, then a simple polaroid which made her turn around with wide eyes from the flash.

"No!" Aaliyah moved her feet quickly, in which he shook his head and laughed.

She was too busy trying to reach the camera in his hand, which was raised, forcing her on her tip toes, "You're beautiful."

"I look like a grandma!" She huffed and gave up, arms dropping to her sides as she gave him a look of annoyance. "Fine, fine. Whatever," She shrugged and went back to the mirror, and while she took another look of herself, Dylan slipped his phone out of his pocket and took a quick, blurry selfie with her, "I hate you."