Chapter 13: The Rose's Miracle

Rosalinda POV: 

Turns out the pain in my chest was my lungs filling up with water, I have no idea why that was happening. It felt like I was drowning, but I'm on land. I was coughing and puking up blood, whatever the Chemo was supposed to do it wasn't happening. Reiji is being so patient with me it was amazing, since I accidentilly puked on his shoes. Dear God. Karlheinz got here as quickly as he could and seeing me in this condition surprisingly broke his heart. "Father, it's not working. Each appointment you've taken her to seems to be making her worse. I'm not mad, but she did vomit a bit so I have to clean things up. Please watch her," I whimper looking up at Karlheinze, "I don't want to die. Please don't let me die," I cry heavily as he strokes my hair. "You're not gonna die Rosa. I promise to not let you die," he kisses my forehead as I cough some more into the napkin I'm holding. I cough so roughly that I gagged badly, it makes my throat burn more. "Takes some deep breaths, deep breaths. Shh, shh," he holds me close to his chest as blood drips down my chin. "I'm sorry for bleeding on you," he shakes his head, "Don't worry about it, Rosa. You can't control this," he helps me lay back down onto the pillow as I take shakey deep breaths. Karlheinz tsks in aggrivation at the situation and looks at Reiji, "We need to talk about this, all of us. Reiji nodded at his father as they both head down after making sure I was comfortable. I have no idea what they wanted to talk about. 

Reiji POV:

Following after father I couldn't stop thinking about Rosa. She was choking on all the blood in her throat, I couldn't stop wincing at the sound of how hoarse her throat was. "Sons. We all need to talk," my brothers all teleported to the main room. Ayato had Yui wrapped in his arms, I've been paying attention to Rosa so much that I forgot that she was even here. "Now, I noticed that Rosalinda is not getting any better. I've taken her to so many appointments and it seems her condition has worsened. She says she doesn't want to die, however the Chemo isn't doing anything anymore so.... there's only one thing that I can think of to do," my brothers and I are shocked at his suggestion. He did this for the Mukami family and we dispise them, however if this would give Rosa a chance to live again then, I would hope we would put our feelings aside for it. 

"Father are you sure? She might not be able to handle the effects. That and it's not like she can drink from a human," Shu comments, which I agree with. "I don't want to have to smell a half breed in the house," Ayato grumbles to himself but we all heard him. "Would you put your damn petty feelings aside and think about the life of a girl who is begging to live again! We've seen so much death and all this other stuff, She's not the Mukamis! I want her to live," Subaru yells getting in Ayato's face. "I want Sweet-chan to live too. She's made me feel like a better person," Laito comments as he looks down with a worried look on his face. "I agree. We just need to teach her how to use her abilities and control her hunger," I state thinking about her best interest. "If it will make her feel better, she can have some of my blood," Yui mentions in a quiet voice. We all look over at her and she blushes while looking down, "I don't want her to feel in pain when she changes. She'll need blood. So it's only right that I help," I raised a brow understanding what she meant. "So is that a yes," Karlheinz looks around at everyone in the room, I nod and everyone else shows some sort of agreement for her to be changed. "Okay. Now, I want you all there so I can do this. I need her comfortable and Reiji I would like you to get some of Yui's blood because I don't want to scare her if she drinks from Yui. It would be better if she had someone teach her how to do that on one of you," We all nodded and I took Yui aside to get some blood from her. 

We all slowly walk into my room and Rosa is laying on the bed, her skin is paler than it used to be, her wig was on the ground, blood was dripping down her chin, and her breathing was seriously hoarse. My face contorts in worry hearing the weak breaths coming from, "Rosa," I watched father walk over and her eyes barely open enough for her to look at him. He kneels down to get close to her on the bed, she looks at him weakly, "There's only one way for us to save you and I know you probably won't like it. You won't be able to live a human life, however you will be taken care of here. My boys aren't the best, but I see that what you've done just for the small amount of time that you've been here, they will take care of you. It will hurt, but you will live. I promise you this," I hear her sigh shakingly as father strokes her hair. "Is there really no other way," her voice is a whisper with how much she's coughed. Karlheinz shakes his head, she sighs as a single tear falls out of her eye. Her fist grips the sheets and I take her hand, she looks over at me and sees me nod. 

".... Okay...."

".....I'll Do It...."