Mine for 24 Hella-Hours

PROLOGUE :

The entire club's power goes out except for the several scattered emergency lights that produce warm, muted luminescence which isn't much, at least the bar and the dance floor have some vision capability.

"Is everything okay?" a guy asks from across the bar and a few people lean in as well to hear my response.

"Yeah, mate." I slide a beer bottle over to him. "Will be resolved soon. On the house in the meantime."

A text flashes on my screen.

Ronnie : I'm on it.

I whisper over to Lisa, the bartender, "The bar is distributing a round of free drinks to ease the commotion." Then, I exit the bar to the hallway to my left. "Coming through."

I stride to the electrical panel with the flashlight of my phone, leading my steps on the black floor—I'm almost passing the restroom when a small, soft body bumps into me with such force I lose my grip on the device and the thud of it clashing with the floor startles her as she presses her hands to my chest.

"I'm sorry, was that your phone? I'm so sorry."

"It's fine. No worries." To calm her panic, I keep my tone light when a small laugh slips out of me. It's not her fault the club is in darkness mode.

Being trapped inside a void, knowing I can exit yet the need to explore it and find the secrets it hides in the shadows appeals to me.

Since I can't see shit, the way we collided could've hurt her in some way. "You good?" Her sweet scent drifts in waves, wildflowers, hitting me with its potency.

"Yeah, all good." No traces of pain sound in her dulcet, blanketing voice.

"Here by yourself or with friends?" we pull away from each other. I only manage to catch a vague outline of her from the faded emergency lights the bar's projecting nearby.

"On a date actually." There's hesitation in her tone which tells me it's not a good one.

"How's that going?"

"Poorly."

Yup. "Sorry to hear. Anything I can do?"

"Are you the fairy of the dating scene? Can you match me up with someone who isn't a jerk or self-absorbed? I've had my fair share and it's my first time here. Let's say, could've been better."

The way her mellow tone turned sassy in the blink of an eye as her mouth uttered those words. Lovely. I'm completely blind yet I feel her smirk searing me.

"That bad, huh?"

She hums in confirmation.

"Well, I'd hate for your first time here to suck, so mingle a little bit, maybe you'll find someone." That was really lame of me.

"Yeah, thanks for the advice." She doesn't sound satisfied; more like she's had enough of it all. I can't blame her. Dating is tough. Since when did it become a chore and lose its complete magic?

"Wait," I clear my voice, staring at the blackness encompassing us. There is no sound of her amongst the chattering of the clubbers.

"I'm still here." She responds.

"Save me a dance? I need to take care of something but I'll be right back." I haven't dated in a really long time. My work is time-consuming, on top of being extremely busy planning my new goals. Still, her presence is enticing and it's been a minute since I've had this kind of intrigue with a woman. Frankly, I don't recall being this excited about anyone before.

"I'd like that, although, we can't see each other." The concern is evident, yet, I also hear an interest.

"Overrated right? This is as blind as a blind date gets."

She giggles and my ears enjoy the tender sound coming from her. "Who said it's a date?"

Nothing like a back-and-forth flowing conversation. "It might turn out to be one."

"Confident." She goes silent again. "I'll be on the dance floor. Let's see if you can find me when the lights are on."

That's my kind of party. "I like a good challenge."

"Not unless I find you first." She comments in a teasing tone. "I think your accent will give you away." A tiny setback I can work on.

Good thing she can't see the joker-grin on my face. "I'll stay mute just for you."

"Game on, stranger." Her heels click on the floor as she walks away. "Australian accents are my weakness." That last note is like an invitation to a man like me who will show her exactly what kind of weaknesses she'll gain around him.

I manage to scoop my phone back up. The flashlight reveals the ginger strands swaying along her back. The skinny jeans that are hugging her bouncing ass and slim legs. And a hint of a tattoo painting her right hand.

Making my way to where I was initially supposed to go, I shake the previous moment and focus on the task at hand.

Ronnie stands beside the electrical panel with Sam, our on-call electrician who lives nearby, "You good here, mate?" I tap on Ronnie's shoulder to make my appearance known next to him.

"Seems like it was a problem on the entire street but should be good now." Sam flicks a few buttons, and the sudden return of the lights stings our eyes as we adjust to it again.

"Thanks for coming in on short notice," Ronnie replies.

We shake hands and I thank him as well. "No problem. Have a great night."

"Let's check the club to see how everyone is doing." By that, I mean the woman I just came across. She left her mark. Impression. Whatever it was—she got my attention.

The lights are back on, and so is the life of the patrons rolling in and partying.

No sign of gingery locks amongst the crowd.

Not even one woman.

She left.

A half-grin decorates my face as I contemplate the chain of events, dragging my thumb across my lips until a chuckle overtakes me.

Entrancing plot twist. Definitely didn't see that one coming.

"Come on, Ronnie. Drinks on me."

IT WAS JUST A TRAILER- FULL STORY IS AVAILABLE ON https://stck.me OR stck.me that too for free, i mean of course my besties won't have to pay anything to get access to it- (unlike others)

ur unnie is different, ain't she? hehe.

i'll upload here also so chill.

that website is like wattpad only, but it doesn't have it's own app yet... you would have to go one it's web i have given above then search my profile/account whatever.

Maithiliie

that's it- IT'S GONNA BE WHOLE DAMN SERIES OF 3 OR 4 SEASONS and i've uploaded whole 1st series already.

Next season would be release when you guys give at least 50 likes on first one.

only 50 likes? can't you guys do that much *puppy eyes*

I LOVE YOU IF YOU DID.

see you there.