Prologue

Life is unpredictable. The saying sounds simple to say, but living that very unpredictable life is really hard. Ruhi was facing those same difficulties. She was battling her own demons, enduring her own turmoils, stuck in a storm from which there seemed to be no way out. All her life, she believed she was Ruhi Khanna, the daughter of Premraj Khanna and Priyanka Khanna. All her life, she believed that she was sister to brothers by blood. But now, the bubble had just burst, and she was facing the reality of her own identity.

Who was she really? That was the question that kept crossing her mind every time she faced her family. It had been two weeks since her father, who was no longer hers, was discharged from the hospital. Her brothers tried to approach her, but she turned away from them. Not because she hated them, but because she was struggling to come to terms with her own identity.

Was being Ruhi not enough for her? Yet again It's easy to say but hard to accept! If she had been born without an identity, she would have accepted being just Ruhi. However, living 23 years of her life with a surname like Khanna, and now not even that, was more painful than anything else. Her entire life had turned into a lie!!!

The bigger question that ran through her mind was who was to be blamed for the situation she was facing. Her parents, who were trying to protect her, ended up hurting her by forming a bond based on lies. Her buddy, who wasn't even present in the world, still made her angry for lying to her. Her grandmother, whom she didn't want to blame or even think about, as the lady held no significance in her life.

Just a few days ago, she witnessed her brothers asking their grandmother to leave the house...

"Aap ab iss ghar mein nahi rhe sakti, Mrs. Khanna," Rudra said coldly. "Maine aapki tickets book kar di hain aur aapka samaan bhi pack karwa diya hai. Main aapko kisi old age home ya kahin aur nahi chhodunga, lekin aap Lonavala jaayengi, waha Buddy ka farmhouse hai aur waha naukar bhi hain, aapko koi problem bhi nhi hogi aur aap waha aaram se rahe sakti hain."

"Hum apne ghar se kahin nahi jayenge," Rupali spat angrily.

Abhay stretched his muscles and gave Rupali a mocking smile, "Guess what? Aapke paas koi choice nahi hai. Be gald that i am not ripping off your heart, after the stunts you have pulled. So save yourself and leave."

Rupali fumed, "Tum dono hiye kaun ho hume apne hi ghar se nikalne wale? Prem hume kahin nahi jaane dega aur..."

"Is he even talking to you or prephaps looking at you?" Abhay asked sarcastically.

Rupali stiffened. Her child, whom she had given birth to and raised, turned away from her to favor an outsider girl. No matter how many times she approached him, he just looked away selfishly, leaving his mother behind despite all she had done for him. She never wanted the world to know that Ruhi came from a ugly blood, so the best option was to remove the girl from everyone's life. However, it seemed that the girl had done some sort black magic over everyone that prevented anyone from speaking against her. To make matters worse, her own grandchildren were now asking her to leave the house, which greatly annoyed her.

"Leave, Mrs. Khanna," Rudra said coldly, snapping her out of her thoughts.

"Let her stay, Dada," Ruhi said softly from behind as she approached them.

Rudra and Abhay glared at her, but Ruhi held their hands gently. "Mere liye please... let her stay."

The twins looked away but didn't pull back. Ruhi took it as a yes and turned to look at Rupali. "You can stay here, Mrs. Khanna."

"Mujhe apne he ghar mein rehne ke liye tumhari izzat ki zarurat nahi hai ladki." Rupali spat with a glare.

Rudra and Abhay snapped their heads towards her and took a step forward when Ruhi immediately pulled them back holding their arms.