Chapter 26 / Kitchen

Yiz_DeShu <3

Yeonjun walked his way to the kitchen and anticipated his feeling of delight, yet inexplicably, he felt bittersweet. The feeling of melancholic joy in his heart worsened upon entering the kitchen. He held the collar of his shirt tightly in hopes of grasping the feeling away. As he laid his eyes upon the younger, he immediately made sense of the feeling. He looked at Soobin with empathy whilst multiple scenes of their times together played blurred in the background. He was saddened with the fact that he may have devastated the life of the younger. Yeonjun was unaware of his stare at Soobin which initiated his uneasy feeling.

" Hyung... have I done something wrong? " Soobin uttered in a low voice with sweat beginning to form on his forehead. At that moment, he did not hold the ability to look back at his Hyung and decided to stare blankly at the pot he placed on the counter that was near him.

" Oh " Yeonjun let out, whilst he begun to feel as if his face was warming up. His statement gave awareness to Yeonjun that he, was infact, staring at the younger unintentionally.

Yeonjun gave a nervous chuckle before proceeding to say something.
" Don't worry, you haven't, I'm just thinking about how to tell this to you " He held his chin whilst his other hand was placed on his hip. All while he fixed a gaze at the floor with slight furrowed eyebrows and squinted eyes, which expressed his uncertainty.

Both teenagers turned their heads at the exact moment which led them to establish eye contact. Their eyes twinkled with adoration for each other, unwittingly. " What is it? " Soobin questioned. His voice was far enough for Yeonjun to fold alike to paper.

His face presented a slight lace shade of pink. He shook the thought away as his senses entered his mind once more. " We should start with dinner first, but I'll tell you while I cook " Yeonjun turned his back from the younger in order to grab a pot that was placed on the counter behind him.

Soobin furrowed his eyebrows, whilst he squinted his eyes in a minimal manner, all with a slight pout of his lips.  " While we cook? You mean? " He uttered whilst he raised his eyebrows.

Yeonjun turned once more to face the younger. He turned his head to the side as he uttered. " Oh, I didn't know you could help "

Soobin was in disbelief, but nevertheless, he thought it was quite adorable for his Hyung to attempt to tease him. " I've already prepared the ingredients for the bibimbap " Soobin said, as he turned his head to the ingredients he had placed on top of the kitchen island.

Yeonjun raised his eyebrows as an indication of his surprise. He hadn't thought that Soobin would have been the type of person to do this. He cleared his throat before proceeding to respond. " Great then, I'll prepare the vegetables while you cook the beef, does it sound alright with you? "

" More than alright, Hyung " Soobin said with a slight smile afterwards. All while his eyes glimmered as would be the case if the stars of the midnight sky entered it.

Yeonjun then grabbed the ash-colored apron that was laid upon the kitchen counter and began to wear it on himself. He tied the strings of the apron that was located at the back in a serious manner whereas the younger gazed at him doing so, in a very heart warming manner.

Yeonjun shifted his gaze on the taller whilst he grabbed a towel by the counter to wipe his hands with. " Bin, don't you have an apron to wear yourself? " He asked while simultaneously busying his hands with gathering the kitchen utensils needed.