Chapter 1: Firsts

Normal. Normal normal normal. Why is everything here so normal? Every year, it's the same. Same drama, same heartbreaks, same people. I have the same best friend and the same boyfriend. The stereotypes never change. I always get A's, never ditch class. I take the same classes. I do the same sports. It never changes. I want it to change, I want change. I mean, it's senior year, what could go wrong?

I walk into the school and see all of the usual stuff. Freshman running around like crazy people, sophomores laughing at them, juniors talking at their lockers, and seniors strutting around in style. Everything is the same. I groan in frustration, slamming my head against my locker.

" What's wrong, baby," Nick asks as he approaches. Nick is my boyfriend. We have been together for 2 years. We have built up a lot of trust. I can count on him for anything.

" Everything is the same here," A quiet tone in my voice.

" Actually this year, something is going to change," Nick informs with a teasing tone in his voice.

" What," I ask nervously.

" They are hosting a trip to Miami for the seniors, they also have boy and girl roommates," He says, nudging my side.

" Oh god," I mutter.

" Come on, it'll be fun,"

" I don't know, this could be a really bad idea. I have to go to class, babe, later," I say, giving him a peck on the lips.

A class trip to Miami. I have to ask Ms. Summers about this. I mean, what will we do in Miami, go swimming? Why would the school take us down to Miami?

I walk into Ms. Summers' AP biology class and take my usual seat. I pull out my same textbook and my same notebook. I see the same people and the same room decor. Then someone comes in, someone different. Someone I didn't expect to see in AP biology.

Luke Hale. School's bad boy. Arrested 4 times and has slept with more girls than all of the guys in the senior class. The only times I ever see him are lunch and homeroom. We always sit on opposite sides of the room. Never look each other in the eye. We have been in the same class since the 7th grade. I haven't ever talked to him. Not because of a crush, because I heard that his voice is like a spell. It lures you in and you can't ever get out. I don't take risks when it comes down to my safety.

" Mr. Hale, please take your seat," Ms. Summers' eyes stare down Luke with hatred. 

" Okay," Luke smirks as he sits next to me. I slowly sink down in my seat. 

" Alright class let's begin," Ms. Summers starts. 

I focus on the board, righting as many notes as I can. I feel a tap on my shoulder. I look over at Luke, who motions towards his paper. I stare down at the words he has written on the page. 

What's your name princess?

I write something on his page. 

Wouldn't you like to know?!

 He takes his pen and scribbles something else on the page. 

I'll tell you mine...

I know yours.

Just tell me. 

No. 

Please. :)

Nope.

Why not. 

You will for sure make fun of me.