16: SOMETHING BETWEEN US

SANA's POV

I woke up to the smell of pancakes. I looked at my nightstand and there was a glass of water there. I took a sip from it and tried to remember everything that had happened last night. I was with Tzuyu in a Christmas market when it started to snow. When we were outside my house I remember collapsing onto Tzuyu's arms. Then... I tried so hard to remember but for a reason I couldn't. I touched my forehead to see if I was still hot and then I noticed something else on my nightstand.

It was a small box in Christmas wrappings. Next to it was a note saying:

Happy Birthday squirrel, hope you like it💜
P.S. I don't accept refunds

I unwrapped the box and opened it to see a necklace. The silver skull necklace, the one I saw yesterday when we were at the market with Tzuyu. I couldn't believe she bought it for me, it cost 2000₩! I wore it and got out of bed. Then I realized I was wearing an oversized t-shirt and mini shorts. God, did she change me into these clothes?

I walked outside the room and heard some noise coming from the kitchen. I opened the kitchen door and saw Tzuyu cleaning. She wore one of my aprons and had already made some pancakes. I slowly walked in and she noticed me.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" she asked as came closer and put her hand on my forehead.

"Uh, better thanks." I replied awkwardly. I simply hoped nothing had happened last night between us. She removed her hand. "Come, I made you some breakfast. Also here's some medicine for you."

"Medicine? It's just a cold isn't it?"

"Yeah so? It's always better to take care." she said and took of the apron. "Since you're awake, I'll be leaving. I called Momo, Jihyo and Mina to come so you won't be alone. Um... yeah that's it." she finished and walked towards the door. I got up to catch her before she left.

"Wait! Tzuyu!". She turned around to face me. "Did something happen... between us... last night? I mean-"

"Yeah I know what you mean. No, nothing happened. Take care Sana." she said and climbed on her bike, waving at me before she drove off.

2 hours later

I got off the couch as I heard a knock on the door.

"Hey gurlll, how are you?"

"Are you still sick? Jesus, how did you manage to get sick on your birthday?"

"Tzuyu stayed here last night? Oh and she made pancakes! Wow, that girl's awesome"

"Guys stop it. Just come in." I nodded to all of them and let them in. The three of them sat on the couch and I sat on the armchair in front of them. Momo was the first one to speak.

"Soo... Tzuyu stayed here last night..."

I scoffed. "Guys nothing happened she just stayed to-"

"To look after you because she cares about youu!" Momo squealed. "Also she made pancakes. You should really consider her." she said as she got up and took my plate of half eaten pancakes. She sat back on the couch eating.

"Jesus Momo, Sana got sick and all you're thinking about is food? Again?" Mina said and looked at me. "So... except for the getting sick part, how was yesterday?"

"It was okay, even though I didn't expect you to leave me alone on my birthday-"

"You weren't alone, you were with Tzuyu." Jihyo interrupted me.

"Yeah that's what she said. We watched the movie and it was nice. Oh and guess who I saw at the movies? Somi!"

"What? And what happened? Did she start telling you again about how you're single ever since you broke up with her?"

"No, I think she saw me but she didn't talk to me."

"No way, how is that possible? It's Somi we're talking about!" Mina said. I shrugged my shoulders without replying and I know that it raised suspicions.

"Sana... what did you do?"

"Nothing."

"Yeah right. C'mon you can tell us!"

"Okay fine. I kissed Tzuyu."

"WHAT!?"

"Yeah, I know I just did it so that Somi wouldn't think I'm single and start telling me stuff again." I did say that but I felt like there was more to our kiss than just an excuse. It felt right kissing Tzuyu, it felt good. I noticed the awkward silence and so I continued.

"Then, she took me to a Christmas market and that's when I caught the cold. And today morning she surprised me with this." I said and showed them the necklace. "She saw me checking it out at the market and she bought it as a birthday gift. That's it."

They all looked at me in shock. There was another few minutes of silence until Momo spoke.

"Vel, I feel like something could happen betveen vou two" she said, her mouth full of course. "Shut up" I slapped her shoulder but deep inside me I knew that what she said was true. Something could happen between us.