Chapter 19 | I care

Mary woke up to Alexander talking on his phone. She knew he was walking in a circle even though the bedroom door was closed. She could hear his footsteps and annoyed voice.

"You know why I'm doing it" he was saying. "She knows and accepts it."

The girl grabbed her phone from the nightstand and checked the time. It was almost 9AM. Every time she slept with her boyfriend she would wake up late. After a moment Casmid entered the bedroom and smiled at her. He was wearing a pair of beige trousers and a white shirt.

"There's something in the closet waiting for you" he said happily. "Go on! Take a look!"

The girl got up from the bed and walked up to the closet.

"What's inside, baby?" she giggled.

"See for yourself" he walked up to her and kissed her neck from behind.

So she did as he asked and opened the closet. On one of the shelves was a red gift bag with Mary's name on it. She grabbed it and took out a long, sexy, black, satin dress. It looked very simple, but elegant.

"Get dressed and come to the kitchen, pumpkin" he softly smacked her butt and left. She took off her pyjamas and started to put on the dress. When she was done something caught her attention. She saw herself in the big mirror standing on the left side of the door. The girl took a closer look at her reflection and smiled. She looked like a woman, not a girl. The dress looked good on her and highlighted her waist and shoulders. It also matched her blonde waves. So predictable of him to choose a dress like that!

"So" he walked in and his jaw dropped. "Oh my gosh, you look better than in my imagination..."

"Thanks" Mary smiled. "Can you help me with the zipper on the back?"

"With pleasure" he stood behind her and moved the zipper upwards. Her back and shoulders looked so gorgeous it was turning him on. Especially since he still had her taste in his mouth. He couldn't resist and kissed her shoulder. The girl purred and turned around.

"You really like me, don't you?"

"I love you, pumpkin" he grabbed her hand. "Now come with me."

The man dragged her to the kitchen. She noticed a chocolate cake with 18 candles on it. There was also a bottle of red wine and 2 glasses standing next to it.

"Happy birthday, pumpkin" Alexander kissed her. "Now make a wish and blow your candles."

She started to tear up. She had completely forgotten about her own birthday. And it was her 18th birthday after all! Mary walked up to the kitchen island and looked at the little flames. They were so adorable and cute. She didn't know what wish to make. She never believed in those superstitions. But this time she wanted to do it. The girl looked at her boyfriend standing next to her. She was happy to have him. Alexander was a great man. Creepy and dangerous, but he cared for her and tried his best. A sentence appeared in her head: "I want to be happy with Alex for the rest of my life". A perfect wish. Mary looked at the little flames again and blew them all at once. She smiled and hugged her man tight.

"I love you" she said.

"I love you more" he smiled and reached for the wine. "Now you can finally drink wine with me."

"I can" the girl sat down on the couch. "But if you want to get drunk I'm not the right person."

"Don't worry about that" he opened the bottle effortlessly and poured the liquid into the two glasses. He handed one of them to her and sat down on her right. Mary took a closer look at him. Something was different.

"You dyed your hair" she noticed.

"Just the roots" he smiled. "I was going grey."

"You should have kept it that way" she put her head on his shoulder.