5. once and for all

arnie guided them to where he found the witches house. "was i only expecting, i dunno, a house made out of candy?" alice jokingly asked.

there was stairs leading into the underground. "hey sarah! got any candy down there? we're high and hungry, sarah feir!" alice yelled. cindy instructed them all to leave but non of them wanted to.

alice ran down the steps followed by arnie then eliza. thomas and cindy went down last almost not wanting to.

"someone's been down her recently," alice told them all, noticing a candle that still felt warm. there was symbols all along the cave, a satantic symbol layed out on the floor with candles and shelves of books. "sarah feir, you in here? maybe she's shy"

"this is like some serious worship going on in here" eliza spoke. tommy was quiet, unusally quiet. she went over to tommy staying by his side.

"what's the matter?" she asked him but she didn't get a response. a fly flew past her face to go near thomas.

eliza brushed it off assuming he was zoned out because he was frightened or alarmed still from the events.

"a deal was made with the devil, sarah feir cut off her wicked hand on satan's stone in exchange for eternal life, scarring the soil beneath with the witched mark, bringing darkness upon the land" cindy read as she saw the witches mark on the floor.

alice, cindy and arnie were inside the cave but eliza was with thomas not wanting to leave him by himself.

"eliza!" cindy called out.
arnie took over elisa's place of looking after thomas whilst she went to see why she was called. "look," alice pointed her flashlight to a wall with names. "cyrus miller, billy barker, ruby lane..isaac milton, harry rooker" the list went on and on.

"they are all shadyside killers" cindy said.
however, one name she couldn't quite understand.

"thomas slater, but that's..that's. that's impossible" eliza whispered.

"alice this isn't funny," cindy looked at alice in disbelif. "what you think i carved your boyfriends name in solid stone with my fingernails?"

eliza knew alice didn't carve her brother's name in solid stone but who could possibly do that? all three of them began rushing to thomas and arnie but instead of seeing them talking they saw thomas standing up with an axe and walking over to arnie. his lifts the axe snd swungs it to arnies face killing him.

he does it again..and again. screams left each of the girls mouths 2 for thomas and 1 for arnie.

the curse..the shadyside curse was happening.

all three girls ran through the cave and found a pathway behind a bookshelf. thomas was trailing beind with the axe stained red.

alice and eliza pushed past but then he grabbed a hold of cindy. she kept kicking him to lose his grip. all of a sudden the stones all collapased on thomas.

eliza's heart sank. did her brother just die?

"can you hear that?" alice whispered. faint sounds of breathing was still heard under the pile of rocks. "he's still alive?"

"he can't, he can't get us" alice spoke.

eliza's breathing enhanced the thought of her brother surviving death after she knew no-one would. "there's no way. no way this is real"

cindy got up and walked round to see any way out. "guys, can you please just..help me?" she tried pushing the stone by herself. alice was sat, knees to her chest, with tears stained down her cheek.

"what you're just gonna pretend that everything's okay? tommy split arnie's head in half. do you realize that?"

cindy sniffed but didn't comment. "please can you just help me?"