betting hearts

Additional Tags: 

Fluff | Fluff and Humor | Bad Pick-Up Lines (but they somehow worked) | Reader has negative rizz | Miguel O'Hara is Tired | Reader as a Spider-Person

Summary: 

You lose a bet and now have to flirt with Miguel O'Hara for a week.

Who knew he'd blush so easily?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

"So, what are we betting on today?" Asks Pavitr as he smoothly evades every projectile hurled his way by Doctor Octopus. The man has been wreaking havoc on Earth-50101 for the past hour, an hour too long if someone were to ask you. Normally, fighting such a villain would be a one-man job, but seeing as the man can't go a minute without glitching, Pavitr called for backup.

The four of you find yourselves on a bustling street in Mumbattan, engaged in a fierce battle with this peculiar villain, while the people around you scramble for safety. The buildings surrounding the mad scientist bear the scars of destruction, and debris litter the pavement.

"If Hobie loses, he'll buy us all tickets to the Barbie movie." You shout back as you take out a few armed drones, swinging by to land next to Pavitr on the wall. "And that's four."

You, Gwen, and Hobie make up the backup team for this mission. The latter groans at your proposal. "I refuse to see a movie made solely to support a brand." He retorts, running up the wall and shooting webs at the flying machines. "Five, get on my level."

"Come on, it'll be fun! If I lose, I'll take us to Oppenheimer." The three of you turn to look at Gwen as she lands on a nearby street light, eyes focused on the villain. "But we know I'll win." She winks at you before launching herself in Doc Ock's direction, landing what looks like a pretty solid hit.

Betting during missions was practically a tradition among the four of you at this point. It all started when you jokingly offered 'free' snacks from the Spider-Burger joint for a week to the person who delivered the final blow to Sandman during a particularly tough fight.

The kids took your offer very seriously and went all out, competing fiercely to win that seemingly trivial competition. In the end, Hobie blasted the Sandman into pieces, using the soundwaves of his guitar.

You weren't even mad at the lightness of your wallet that week, that was a pretty epic final blow.

Ever since then, you've bet on everything and anything.

"The person with the least hits has to steal Mayday from Peter and make him believe as if he'd lost her."

"Ugh, if you take out Electro I'll forward all the cool missions I happen to get to you."

"The loser has to refer to Miguel as 'dad' for a day."

"Last place has to hack Miguel's holo suit to make it look pink!"

"The runner-ups have to ignore Miguel for a week. Act like he's invisible."

...Okay, maybe you've ganged up on the Spider Society leader a bit too often. But hey, he's just so easy to rile up. It also doesn't help that he blushes so easily when he's mad, a sight you thoroughly enjoy.

Initially, you tried to ignore your crush on the man. However, it quickly became apparent that your feelings were quite obvious, and your friends knew exactly how much you liked Miguel O'Hara.

"If I lose, I'll go on a mission with Ben and won't complain about his edgy behavior." Pavitr declares, launching from the wall and snatching Doctor Octopus out of Gwen's web. "But I won't have to, seeing as I'll win." He grins confidently.