𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭

I push his hand away from my face as I slowly stand up beside the window.

He lets out a soft sigh as he sits on the couch and crosses his legs.

"Who are you working for?" He asks fiercely.

Shit! I have to leave here before he gets close to me again. I can't tell him I work for Father and it seems he's already decided to kill me regardless of what I say.

I glance outside the window, gawking at the small canopy right under it. A midnight food vendor. That's my escape route.

I turn back to him, his dark gaze immediately fixed on my face.

"I don't work for anyone, I did it because Stephanie was deeply in love with her fiancé. She wanted the wedding to go on."

That exactly is not a lie. Judging that they couldn't wait for their wedding to commence before having sex in their waiting room says a lot.

I don't owe him any explanation.

Logan lets out a deep husky laugh that fills the room, leaving a tense silence as it dies off. He then motions to the couch.

"Sit," he commands.

I stare at him angrily as he presses his fingers together.

Hell no, I'm out of here.

I'm not in the right state of mind to fight with Logan, a man who almost killed me with just one hand and no effort.

I take a deep breath before looking outside the window. I'll probably fall on the canopy, worse case scenario I'll fall on the ground and break a few bones.

It's better than being ordered around by this mindless animal.

He cautiously raises his hand out as he sits up on the couch, his stiffened face now softening subtly to a questioning glare.

"Don't do whatever it is you're planning on doing, Leah," he warns.

"Too late."

I sit on the window and jump off, falling on the canopy.

Letting out a relieved sigh, I rest my body on the shaky canopy. At least I did not fall on the ground.

I'm fucked though. I'm stuck in this canopy.

The canopy tears from behind my back and I hit the hard ground. I groan in pain as I drag my body from the ground.

Fuck! At least, I did not break any bones.

I raise my head to the building and meet Logan's amused face. He stares at me for a short while before grinning and dragging the curtain.

That fucking bastard. I'll kill him. Oh my fucking god I will kill that bastard.

I just have to find Rose. I can't possibly leave without her.

I yell in frustration as I realize I left my phone and purse in the room with Logan. There's no way I'm going back there. I'll have to get a new one.

                                       ~

"How much would you like to withdraw?"
A female receptionist in the bank asks in an amused tone as a soft smile plays on her face.

She was talking with another colleague when I came into the bank.

"Three thousand dollars," I answer.

She nods and writes on a piece of paper, before tearing it and handing me a check. I write down the amount before signing it and passing it back to her.