Agent 012

As the soft glow of the streetlights illuminated the driveway, I pulled my car to a gentle stop outside my house. Barbie and I had just returned from a delightful date, our laughter and conversation still echoing in the air. But as we stepped out of the car, a somber expression washed over Barbie's face.

"I just got a call from my mom," she said, her voice heavy with worry. "My dad is coming to pick up his things tomorrow,"

My heart sank as I remembered the difficult situation Barbie had confided in me a few days ago. Her parents were going through a divorce, and her father had moved out of their home. The thought of him returning to retrieve his belongings filled Barbie with a mix of sadness and anxiety.

"Oh, Barbie," I said, taking her hand in mine. "I'm so sorry,"

She sighed, her shoulders slumping. "I just don't know what to do. I don't want to them like this,"

"I understand," I said, pulling her close. "But you don't have to face this alone. I'll be here for you every step of the way."

We stood there in the driveway for a moment, the silence broken only by the chirping of crickets. Barbie's tears began to flow, and I held her tightly, offering her comfort and support.

"I don't know how I'm going to get through this," she whispered.

"Together," I said. "But we'll get through this together."

As we walked towards the house, I couldn't help but feel a sense of protectiveness towards Barbie. I had known her for only a short time, but I already cared deeply for her. I was determined to be there for her during this difficult time, and to help her navigate the emotional turmoil that lay ahead.

"Ugh! You know...I didn't really imagine this ever happening. Maybe that's why I was with Malik for so long, but I knew better,"

"Don't blame yourself. There's always room for a new start and you're getting that,"

"I want a new start. I think we both need new starts. Yeah...we can both use some peace and joy from all this bullshit! Because I'm sick and tired,"

"Why does Malik hate you so much?" I asked.

"Because I'm not his slave or his pet. He can do whatever he wants to anyone else, but not me. He wants to control me and it's not going to happen not one bit. I don't wanna think about him right now anyway. You know? I wanna be treated like a real woman for once. I want love, affection, support, a back bone, like...someone who is there for me and respects me. What's so hard? Why is it so hard for men to understand that? Who wants to be stressed out all the time, Dean?"

"It's not hard at all. If you don't mind, we can do the things you've always wanted to do. I like having you around and I like your company. But only if you're comfortable with it,"

"You wanna start dating?"

"I didn't say that,"

"It sounds like you wanna start dating,"

"Well...only if you wanna do it. To be honest, I have grown a lot of interest in you and I just wanna see where it goes,"

I am nervous as fuck right now and I don't know what she's gonna say or what she might do. I do like Barbie and I wanna continue to see her. Ever since that night of the party, I couldn't keep her off my mind. I just knew she was going to be special to me.

"If you're serious about what you said, I would love to date you," she smiled.

"And you will not be disappointed,"

"This is only dating. Not relationship,"

"I know. But what if we make it there, then what?"

"Then we just ride it 'til the wheels burn off,"

"So you're admitting to wanna be with me?"

"I didn't say none of the sort!" she laughed.

"Whatever you wanna do, I'm down. Where you wanna go?"

"I wanna go to Mars,"

"I can't get you there," I chuckled. "But, what I can do is make your life easier and make you feel at ease. Take all your stress away, make you feel relaxed and safe," I said, wrapping my arms around her waist. "If everything goes well, I hope you will allow me the chance to further be in your life for a long time,"

"You are the sweetest person ever, Dean, you know that?"

"Yeah..."

"We should go ahead and start making that food, shall we?"

"I was so stuck on your beautiful features, I forgot all about that,"

"You're so corny," she giggled.

"Damn, I'm corny for thinking you're beautiful?"

"No," she laughed.

I wonder what's next for us. Hopefully we can both be each other's last lover.