Cookies

Jay's pov

Why did we all collectively meet here? This wasn't planned, so why did both Tim and Alex show up at Brian's house as well. Brian said he didn't say anything to them, they just decided to show up.

"I want cookies." Alex says suddenly breaking the awkward silence.

"Why?" Tim asks dryly.

Alex only smiles a bit, not really responding to the question.

"Is he high?" Brian asks.

"It's quite possible." I chimed in.

Brian chuckled and says, "well, I'll bake some cookies, you can join in if you want."

That was how Brian, Jay, and Tim spent the evening, baking cookies for their high friend.

Even as Brian smooshed extra salt into three of the cookies they said nothing, they all collectively agreed to give those three to Alex.

"Brian, thanks for having us all over, and letting us bake cookies." Tim says to Brian.

"Sure thing, we should probably check in on him, make shure he didn't accidentally commit a war crime." Brian jokes as they pop their heads around the corner to check on Alex who was sitting there with the same smile on his face.

"He's not dead, right?" I joke.

"Eh, good riddance." Tim says turning his attention back to the baking cookies.

"He'll be fine." Brian shrugs as we moved back into the kitchen.

"Hey, how much longer on the cookies?" Tim asks.

"7 minutes." Brian replies looking at the timer.

"I'm bored." Tim says as he lightly taps a melody with his fingers against the counter.

"Deal with it." Brian replies with sass.

"Well, clearly we're not welcome, cmon Jay, let's go to a place where we're accepted." Tim replies moving his hand to my forearm to drag me out.

"But Tim, cookies..." I rationalize.

Tim huffs but stays in the kitchen.

"I'm starting to see it now." Brian says flatly.

"See what?" I question.

"Oh Jessica has been blasting my ear off about how gay you two are for each other." Brian says easily.

There was a beat of awkward silence before the timer goes off signaling the cookies were done.

"Cookies!" I exclaim excitedly at both the distraction as well as cookies. The three wait a few minutes before eating a cookie each and taking the three salty cookies to their high friend.

"Alex, we made your cookies." Brian says with a smirk. Alex's head slowly turns towards the three and says, "cookies."

Tim huffs as they sit next to Alex, watching intently.

As Alex takes a bite, his eyebrows furrow in confusion before shrugging and eating the other two.

"New... new recipe?" Alex asks.

All of us look at him incredulously. "Yeah, hope you enjoyed your cookies." Brian shrugged.

Alex laughs a bit before promptly collapsing at the salty cookies.

"Not it." Jay starts.

"Not it." Brian follows.

"Why me?" Tim asks looking at the passed out Alex now having the task of getting him home.

"Skill issue."