23: NEVER LET YOU GO

SANA's POV

I can't believe this. First, she asks me to prom and then I find out she was with Dahyun and Nayeon when they almost killed me. How can anyone do that?

Ever since I found out, I have locked myself in my room. I didn't let anyone in, not even the gang. I can't believe I trusted her and she betrayed me like that.

It was day three of me being locked inside my room when my phone started buzzing. I noticed it's Momo and picked it up.

Hey Momo

Hey Sha, how are you doing?

Could've been way better

I know but I need to talk to you

About what?

Look, there's been a huge misunderstanding, can we meet somewhere?

I was getting confused but also curious.

Yeah okay

Okay, meet me today, 17:00, Han river

Fine, I'll go get changed

See you there squirrel!

I ended the call and grabbed something casual to wear. It must have been something serious because Momo always prefers call or text over face to face conversations. I just really hoped I didn't see any of them.

MOMO's POV

I was sitting at a bench next to the Han river waiting for Sana. I wouldn't let them fall apart just because Tzuyu was too afraid to tell her. I'll tell Sana everything and I don't care. They'll both thank me one day, I know it.

"Hey Momoring."

I turned around and saw Sana come and sit next to me. We sat in silence for a bit and then she spoke.

"So um, what did you want to tell me?". I took a deep breath and turned to face her.

"Okay, look, I know what happened between you and Tzuyu and I know you might not believe what I'm gonna tell you immediately but it's the truth." I sighed. "Sana, Tzuyu... Tzuyu was the one who saved you when Dahyun and Nayeon almost killed you.". Sana looked at me in shock, as I expected her to.

"Yeah, no, no way Momo-"

"Yes way Sana. She said about the broken lock right? If she had anything to do with what happened to you, why would she even mention it? Think about it Sana-"

"Momo that-that's not possible. You know it better than anyone, Tzuyu absolutely hated me in the beginning of the year, why would she save me?"

"Well maybe because she never really hated you Sha. Yeji told Mina and Mina told me but I didn't tell you because we weren't sure if that's how things happened. But Sana-" I held her hand "I am sure now. Tzuyu told everything to Chaeyoung and the others. On your birthday when you were alone with Tzuyu? We planned it so that she could tell you but she didn't have the courage to do so.". I caressed her back since I saw tears had started forming in her eyes. "Hey don't cry, you should be happy, Tzuyu loves you Sana-"

"I know and I am very happy about that but Momo.... I am leaving when the school year ends.". I looked at her and my eyes widened. Why was this the first time I was hearing this? "What? Sana what are you talking about?"

Sana sighed before replying. "I am going back to Japan, I'm going to stay with my aunt. Please don't tell anyone, especially Tzuyu." she said and cried harder than she had ever done. After a while, when she relaxed, I spoke again.

"B-but why?"

"My aunt needs me. She had this surgery and she can't get by on her own. For now she has my cousin but he'll leave before the summer starts and I am the only one who can go."

"Y-you'll come back right?"

"I don't know Momo, I don't know!" she said and started crying on my shoulder again. I simply patted her head, unable of saying anything.

SANA's POV

I knew I was going back to Japan. I also knew it would be for a long time. What I never knew was that there would be one person whom I would hate to leave and never see again. What I never knew was that that person would be Chou Tzuyu. But that didn't mean I wouldn't apologize to her for misunderstanding her. That didn't mean I wouldn't try to go to prom with her. That simply meant that I would try and make the best of it while I'm here in Korea. I won't be telling Tzuyu I'll be leaving. Not unless I think it's the right moment.

Sana:  Tzuyu, can we meet somewhere?
Sana:  Pls, I need to talk to you
Sana:  Just meet me at the spot, 19:00

Tzuyu:  Ok

I sighed in relief holding my chest. At least she agreed. I hired a cab and told the driver to drive outside the town and towards the spot. I didn't tell him the last part of course. I just stopped him when we arrived at the spot and told him I'll be walking. He seemed confused but he didn't say anything, he just took his cash and left. I arrived there at 18:45. I didn't see her anywhere. Obviously, I was too early. I just stood by the tree, looking at the sunset.

"Hey."

I flinched and turned around. It was her. She came.

"Um, aren't you early?" she asked. Huh.

"I could ask the same thing."

"Just tell me what you want already". She stood at a distance of about two meters from me, her hands in the pockets of her baggy jeans. I looked up at her and she was staring at me. I blushed so hard and the butterflies in my stomach started racing.

"Tzuyu... I-uh... I know. I know everything. Momo told me.". Tzuyu looked at me in shock. I looked back at her and tears had started to form on my eyes but I tried my best not to show.

"Why didn't you tell me Tzu? And I just yelled at you and thought you tried to kill me! I've always been so rude to you when you've always been so good to me, I don't deserve it Tzuyu! I don't!" I shouted but now I made no effort to hold back my tears. They started falling like a waterfall. I hid my face in my hands because I didn't want Tzuyu to see me like that.

Suddenly, a pair of warm hands held my wrists and pulled them from my face. I stood there, mesmerized by the beautiful view. I couldn't believe that after everything I have done to her, she's still here for me. I looked deep into her eyes, her beautiful eyes and tears started to fall from mine again. I lowered my head and she wiped the tears off my face with her hands and I simply enjoyed the warmth of her touch. Then, she caressed my cheek, making me look up at her again.

TZUYU's POV

I looked down at her when I felt her look at me. God, these eyes made my butterflies go crazy in my stomach.

"You deserve more than I can give you, you deserve more than anyone can give you.
Don't blame yourself. The girls tried to help me tell you but I was a coward. I was a coward to not tell you I saved you from the gas, to not tell you I was the one you were talking to in the bathroom. And I didn't even dare to tell you I love you because" I sighed "I love you Sana, I love you more than anything in the world." I finished and mashed my lips onto hers. She slowly kissed me back and I could feel the tears falling from her eyes again. I formed a smile in the middle of our kiss and, the moment we broke the kiss, I hugged her tight. She hugged me back and I kissed her forehead before resting my chin on her head.

"I will never again let you go Sana. Never."