Chapter 1-5

Chapter 001

  "Crackle"

  There was a burst of gunfire, the white smoke dissipated, and Yuan Tang floated in the air, looking down at the end of his life.

  The old house with two bedrooms and one living room was bought by her with the money she saved in her early years. The cramped 60-odd square meters is located in an old tube-shaped building.

  She couldn't remember exactly when the house was bought.

  It was after her parents passed away, and her younger brothers and sisters had already started their own families. During the Chinese New Year, she stayed in her old house in her hometown. Someone in the village set off fireworks. The fireworks exploded with a "bang", and the scattered light disappeared in an instant, leaving only the pungent smell of sulfuric acid. In that smell, Yuan Tang felt for the first time that she could no longer live in the countryside.

  Her parents had passed away due to illness, and her brothers and sisters all stayed in the city. She was in her forties and lived alone in the countryside, where she was always being talked about.

  So she made up her mind and went to work as a live-in nanny in the county town for three years before she was able to buy such a small house on the edge of the county town.

  When buying a house, my brothers and sisters disagreed, thinking that she was too stubborn at her age. Obviously, the house in the countryside is also good, and it is not crowded for her to live alone. Why must we move to the city? Besides, my eldest sister is old, and it is not easy to say good things in the city. When she gets old, will she have to rely on her brothers and sisters to live?

  But after Yuantang bought the house, his brothers and sisters gradually discovered the benefits of having an older sister living in the city.

  They are all working people, and they can't always take care of the children in time. If their parents pass away early, they can't always rely on their spouse's elderly to help.

  The eldest sister is like a mother, so without much hesitation, they habitually left the child to the care of the eldest sister.

  "Big sister, I have to work overtime today, please help me pick up Haohao."

  "Big sister, I have something to do tonight. Please take Yunyun to your place. Be careful not to give her snow cakes. This child will have a fever if she eats snow cakes."

  "Sister, did Feifei's scarf fall from your hands? Please bring it to him. He will need it for school tomorrow."

  ...

  Looking back, Yuan Tang suddenly realized that his life was divided into three parts.

  In the first stage of her life, she was a sensible eldest sister. She went out to work for her younger siblings and worked hard for more than ten years to support her two younger brothers and two younger sisters to go to college.

  In her second life, she was a filial daughter. When her brothers and sisters were busy with their own families, her parents fell seriously ill. She stayed in her hometown and took care of the elderly with all her heart, and finally made the two elderly people die with smiles on their faces.

  In the third life, she was an elder with a vague face. The children of her younger brothers and sisters gathered around her affectionately, but as they grew up, they came less and less, until now...

  The mourning hall had been set up in the house, and my brothers and sisters-in-law had all arrived, but the children were nowhere to be seen.

  Yuan Tang smiled sarcastically. The day before yesterday was New Year's Eve. She was alone and her legs were not very good, so she simply cooked two dishes. She was fine after the meal, but suddenly she had a headache in the middle of the night.