Chapter 6-10

Chapter 006

  "The notice is lost?!" Teacher Xue was shocked. "How could such an important thing be lost? Have you carefully looked for it? You are not a careless person, how could you lose it? Have you asked your family?"

  Yuan Tang bit her lip. It was the first time someone was worried about her since her rebirth.

  She held the egg persistently and said, "Teacher, I'll go back and look for it, but the chances of finding it are slim... Can you help me ask?"

  When it comes to such a big thing, Teacher Xue immediately patted his chest and said, "Okay, I'll go ask for you right away."

  Yuan Tang bowed deeply.

  She herself didn't know whether she could get the admission letter, so she could only come to the teacher for an answer.

  But no matter whether she can get the admission letter or not, she is determined to attend this school!

  After stuffing the egg into Teacher Xue's arms, Yuan Tang ran away, and did not look back no matter how Teacher Xue called him from behind.

  Teacher Xue held the eggs in his pocket and sighed silently.

  Yuan Tang has a thin figure but a straight back.

  Teacher Xue saw clearly that the twin boy and girl of the Yuan family were both his students. He had been Yuan Tang and Yuan Dong's homeroom teacher for three years and had long discovered that Yuan Tang had an indomitable resilience.

  The middle school in the town does not provide meals. The children bring their own dry food and heat it up on a kerosene stove at mealtime. They also bring their own bedding and sleep on the floor of the classroom.

  Despite such a harsh living environment, Yuan Tang had to go home and stay for one day every two days. One reason was to help with housework, and the other was to get dry food for her and Yuan Dong.

  He once saw Yuan Tang muttering something while carrying a bag of dry food on her back. After listening carefully, he found that she was reciting ancient poems. The bag of dry food weighed more than 20 kilograms, and it was filled with sweet potatoes, cornmeal and steamed buns. The heavy bag almost bent her, but her eyes were shining, and she was reciting ancient poems and formulas...

  The figure in the past overlaps with the figure in front.

  Teacher Xue put the eggs away, thinking that he would return the eggs to her after he had found out more.

  It is always difficult for a rural girl to study, but as long as she has the intention, you should help her if you can.

  ****

  It was already past noon when Yuantang returned home. Zhao Huandi must have come back, hurriedly cooked a meal and went back to the fields.

  Lifting the lid of the pot, Yuan Tang saw half a bowl of stewed eggplant and potatoes, with some minced meat mixed in.

  Yuan Qin popped up from nowhere: "Sister, mom told me that there's rice in the pot and the vegetables on the stove are all left for you..."

  Seeing Yuan Tang serving himself, Yuan Qin remembered what her mother asked her to say, and spoke carefully: "Sister, Mom also said... that we will have pork belly stewed with potatoes tonight, and it's not as delicious as yours, so let you cook it first."

  Yuan Tang took two bites of rice and said, "There's no meat at home."

  Zhao Huandi was very careful with money. Not only money, but even the fine grains at home were kept in her room, for fear that she would steal them while cooking. If there was any meat, it was locked in the cupboard.