25: PROM NIGHT

TZUYU's POV

It was finally prom day. This last week before the dance has been crazy. Sana wanted me to go with her so that she could buy her prom dress even though I insisted it should be a surprise. I had to give in though, I mean who can resist that girl? I did it for at least two months already and that was way too much. We did buy a dress for her after all. She looked great in it. She looks great in everything actually. I was just going to wear a black suit. I didn't like dresses anyway.

I got dressed quickly and checked my phone. I smiled seeing a message from Sana.

Sana:  hey don't forget to pick me up today!
Sana:  18:30 outside my housee
Sana:  see u soon Tzuu 💙

Tzuyu:  haha, how could i forget u squirrel
Tzuyu:  go get dressed now, u have a lot of things to do
Tzuyu:  see u Shaa 💜

I had gotten dressed already and just waited for the clock to reach 18:20. Damn, it was just 17:25.

One hour later

I arrived outside Sana's place a few minutes earlier than agreed and sat on my bike waiting for her. I was scrolling down my phone when I heard the door of Sana's house open. I looked up and my jaw dropped. I had seen the dress before but I felt like this was the first time.

It was a beautiful long black and blue dress. I don't know if the color was intended or not, I don't think she knew blue was my favorite color. It wasn't tight but not loose either. It was perfect for her. She wore it incredibly well while her blonde hair was falling on her shoulders.

"Hey stop drooling, I know I'm gorgeous." she said mockingly while she came near me.

"Ha, I'm not drooling but... wow." I chuckled as she came and stood in front of me, looking at me. Yeah, those eyes were looking at me. Again.

"You know..." I grabbed her by the waist and pulled her closer. She slowly wrapped her hands around my neck. "What?"

"Your eyes are beautiful. Just like the rest of you of course." I said and pinched her nose. She immediately turned red. "Oh, look you're blushing!". She bent her head down and giggled. "Am not."

"Yes you are." I said and held her chin up."Let's go, we must meet with the others.".

We hopped on my bike and drove to the school. We arrived there a few minutes later and the others were already there. Mina, Momo and Nayeon were wearing dresses while Chaeyoung, Dahyun and Jeongyeon were wearing suits like me. A few meters away was Jihyo wearing a beautiful red dress with Daniel who was introducing her to his friends. The moment she saw us she run towards us pulling Daniel with her.

"Hey you guys! Isn't this awesome? Oh, this is Daniel by the way-"

"Hi Daniel."

"-and these are Nayeon, Jeongyeon, Momo, Mina, Sana, Dahyun, Chaeyoung and Tzuyu."

"Hey you guys." Daniel nervously greeted us.

"Don't worry, you're not the only new one here." Jeongyeon said. We all looked at her and she smiled awkwardly. Nayeon held her hand and looked at her with a reassuring look in her eyes. "Don't worry ostrich, you'll get along."

"What did you call me? Watch out it's your season now Easter Bunny."

"Ugh! How dare you!" Nayeon started slapping Jeongyeon's hand and Jeongyeon started hitting back. They looked like five year olds to be exact.

"Okay lover girls we get it-"

"Shut up Momo!". Momo chuckled at their actions and looked back at Dahyun who was smiling at her date.

"So, shall we get going?" Sana asked before clinging her hands to mine.

"Yeah, let's get going."

We entered the school and headed for the gym. When we arrived, we were all shocked. It was so much different. The ceiling was being lighten by a projector and reflected a starry night sky. All around the gym were round tables with ten chairs each. We quickly put our stuff down at a table since we were ten and headed towards the buffet (actually, Momo did but we all just went with her, she wanted to see if it had jokbal).

"Momo seriously, we are at prom and the first thing you think about is food? Again?" Mina asked and we all laughed. Momo simply rolled her eyes as we were walking in the gym. Then a song started playing on the speakers. I knew this song. Apparently, Sana knew it too. I offered her my hand. "Shall we?"

She smiled at me and took my hand. "We shall". We took to the dancefloor and she wrapped her hands around my neck while I placed mine on her waist. We just swayed like everyone else to the rhythm of the song.

('Where Does Your Spirit Go' by the kid LAROI)

faded away
in the dark
and you're never
comin' back
no comin' back

and I
saw the look
on your face
when it changed
and you weren't looking back
no comin' back

Sana suddenly hugged me tightly, burying her face in my neck. I hugged her too and caressed her back.

lonely day but
tomorrow i'll feel it
truth is worse
everytime that i hear it
know you're gone but tell me
where did your spirit go

run away
from the way that i'm feeling
maybe that's just
the way that i'm healing
know you're gone but tell me
where did your spirit go

"I love you Tzuyu." she whispered and tightened her hug.

i just don't get it
all the things
i wish i would've said
before you took your last breath
how'd you
build me up
just to
leave me now oh
i just don't know
where to go
tell me
where to go
no i just don't know

"I love you too Sana" I replied and kissed her forehead.

call you whenever i'm drunk
then i remember you're gone
wish i could hear what you said
hope that i'm all you saw
i'm takin' all that you taught
blood comin' up when you cough
coldest december i saw
tryna hold onto your soul

fuck all the letting you go
i'll never let you go

lonely day but
tomorrow i'll feel it
truth is worse
everytime that i hear it
know you're gone but tell me
where did your spirit go

run away
from the way that i'm feeling
maybe that's just
the way that i'm healing
know you're gone but tell me
where did your spirit go

She looked up at me and kissed me. It felt sudden but I kissed her back. She broke the kiss and looked into my eyes.

i just don't get it
all the things
i wish i would've said
before you took your last breath
how'd you
build me up
just to
leave me now
oh i just don't know
where to go
tell me
where to go
no i just don't know

"Tzuyu, I'm going back to Japan."