27: GOODBYE

SANA's POV

"You know what happened?"

"Chaeyoung told me and I came straight here. Who told you?"

"Dahyun."

"Momo told me."

"I heard it when Nayeon and Jeongyeon where talking."

"Who told you guys?"

"Jihyo."

"And who told Jihyo?"

Silence. I didn't open my eyes, even though I could. I heard them all talking. I recognized Mina's voice, Chaeyoung's, Dahyun's, Momo's, Nayeon's and Jeongyeon's. I continued listening with my eyes closed hoping to hear something about what happened. I really couldn't remember many things.

"Yah! Jihyo where were you?"

"I was talking with the nurse."

"And? What did she tell you?"

"She's gonna be okay. They don't know yet about the other though."

"Hey, Jihyo, you told Nayeon and Jeongyeon to inform the rest of us right?"

"Yeah."

"How did you find out?"

"Daniel's brother is a police officer. He told Daniel about the accident and Daniel remembered their names and called me."

Silence again. So I was in an accident. It was right after prom if I remember correctly. I realized I had been changed into a hospital robe and there was a bandage around my stomach. I needed to remember more. I opened ny eyes.

"Guys? What happened?" I asked as I rested my body on my elbows.

"Oh my god Sana! How are you feeling? Do you need anything? God I was so scared-"

"Mina calm down, really. Can someone tell me what happened though?"

They all looked at me in confusion. Nayeon spoke. "You don't remember?"

"All I remember was me riding on the back of a bike after prom. I almost crashed onto a car but the bike drifted and fell on a shop window. Then, Tzuyu- Tzuyu! Where is she!?" I exclaimed and tried to get off the bed but I felt pain in the lower region of my stomach. I groaned and sat back.

"You'd better rest Sana. You've had surgery."

"Surgery? For what?"

"See, when you fell on the shop window, it broke and all the glass fell on you and Tzuyu. Some of the glass pierced you in that spot, where one of your kidneys is. So, you needed a new one."

"What? Like a transplant?"

"Yeah. We found a new kidney fast though and your operation went well." Jihyo finished. I looked at all of them and they all seemed down for a reason. I survived the accident, the surgery and Tzuyu was fine. Wasn't she?

"Guys. What about Tzuyu?"

They didn't reply. The looked at me when I called them but when they heard the question, they looked back at the ground again.

"GUYS! ANSWER ME!". I was getting mad. Did something bad happen? Was Tzuyu- No that's not possible. Tzuyu is one of the toughest people I've ever met. She can't be.

"GUYS! SERIOUSLY NOW TELL ME!"

"Okay fine. Just stop shouting." Mina took a deep breath and started talking.

"When you crashed on the shop window, the glass fell on you and Tzuyu. Tzuyu was conscious and you weren't. Tzuyu brought you here, she had few wounds herself. Then, she heard you needed a kidney transplant. The nurses kept searching for someone who matched your blood type and couldn't find anyone. Until Tzuyu..."

Chaeyoung got up all of a sudden and ran outside my room. Mina stopped and looked at Momo. "Don't worry, I'll handle the rest. Got to her.". Mina hugged Momo and ran outside, searching for Chaeyoung. Momo looked at me.

"So, long story short, Tzuyu offered to be examined and found out you and her have the same blood type. Then Tzuyu said that she would do the surgery for... you."

I didn't speak. I couldn't speak. Tzuyu and I have the same blood type, Tzuyu offered to do the surgery and now I have one of Tzuyu's kidneys?

"And what now? Why did Chae run out like that?"

Nayeon sighed before answering. "Sana, your surgery went well. But Tzuyu's wasn't that successful. There were some complications in her operation and she... she died for two minutes Sana. Now she's in a coma. She hasn't woken up yet."

"W-what? No, this can't be true, Momo, tell me it's not true.". Tears had started to form on my eyes. Momo came next to me and held my hand sighing.

"I'm sorry Sha."

And everything went black.

Two weeks later

"Have a safe trip to Japan Sha. And don't forget us!"

"How could I forget you guys. We'll see each other again, I know it."

"I don't care, I'll be visiting in Japan. My grandma lives there and she makes the best jokbal. You should try it!" Momo said while hugging me.

"It's always food with you Momo, what the heck?" Mina laughed and so did the rest of us.

My day to leave for Japan had arrived. I didn't want to leave. I was sad for having to leave them but I was even sadder that she hadn't woken up yet. All this happened because of me. Tzuyu shouldn't have done the surgery. The thing that made my heart sink deeper and deeper in the ground was that I couldn't say goodbye.

"Bye Sana! Call us every day!" Dahyun said as she waved at me.

"Come back soon Sana yah!" Jihyo shouted making everyone turn to look at her.

"Jihyo, you need to seriously consider a career as a singer. You won't even need a microphone." Nayeon joked making everyone laugh.

"And, please update me on... you know." I didn't say the name. Only the thought of her made me tear up.

"We will Sana, we will." Chaeyoung said and waved at me as I went up the stairs.

I didn't turn back. I couldn't face them again. Leaving them one time was too much. And they always made me think of her. I knew she would wake up. That part of her inside me gave me hope. It felt like a sixth sense.

You'll wake up Tzuyu. I know it. And when you do, I'll be there for you and I'll never again let you go.

-----

A/N:

Just one more😉