28: ONE STEP CLOSER

Five years later

3rd PERSON'S POV

Incheon International Airport was extremely crowded that Monday afternoon. There were groups of people everywhere, people who were searching for relatives, people who were hurrying not to miss their flights and security officers. On one side of the arrivals section was a group of seven girls.

"Is she coming?"

"Yes now will you be quiet?"

"I'm hungry."

"You're always hungry!"

"Yeah but now I'm hungrier."

"Does that even exist?"

"Stop you guys, we're supposed to surprise her!"

"If you keep on shouting you'll ruin the surprise girl! The whole airport can hear your voice!"

"Watch out for the paparazzi dude, I bet they can hear you from their companies."

"Shut up."

"There she is!"

One of the girls pointed towards the escalator that ended a bit further from them. There, was a blonde girl, medium height, squirrel like face features with a single suitcase rolling on it's four wheels.

"Call her call her!"

The blonde's phone rang and she quickly picked it up.

Hey girl, how was your flight?

It was good. How did you know I landed already though? The flight was delayed.

Um, yeah I know.

What? Dude please tell me this is not one of your pranks again.

It could be. Or you could call it a surprise.

Surprise?

"SURPRISE! WELCOME BACK SANA-YAH!". All seven of the girls shouted making all the people in the airport turn their attention to them, including the blonde who ended the call and ran towards her friends.

"You guys! I missed you so much!" Sana said as she hugged every single one of them. They hadn't seen each other for five years and it was great seeing the gang again.

"Us too Sha!" Momo said as she hugged her best friend tightly. After greeting everyone, Sana looked around, as if she was looking for someone. Then she looked back at the girls who were all observing her.

"Guys..."

"Sorry Sana." Mina said as she held Sana's hand who squeezed it in response.

"Dude, after all these years?" Nayeon asked as they all moved closer to Sana who was now facing the ground. She slowly lifted her arm and revealed something from under her shirt. It was a silver necklace with a skull hanging from it. She held it inside her fist.

"Always." she whispered to herself and grabbed her suitcase. "Let's go."

"Go? Go where?" Dahyun asked and looked around.

"Have you booked a hotel?" Chaeyoung looked at Sana who nodded in disagreement.

"I was thinking of staying with one of you guys." she replied.

"Who? Do you want to stay at my place for-"

"She's staying with me." A cold voice interrupted Momo making all the girls flinch.

SANA's POV

"I was thinking of staying with one of you guys." I replied. I actually only wanted to stay with one person but she wasn't there, even five years later. I sighed at the thought of her. I came back to Korea thinking I'd see her again after that night but she still hadn't woken up.

"Who? Do you want to stay at my place for-"

"She's staying with me." A cold, distant voice interrupted Momo and echoed through the airport making me and the girls flinch. Something felt familiar about that voice. I looked at the others who did not seem terrified. They smiled slowly to be exact. I turned around towards where the voice had been heard. My mouth formed an 'O' because of what I was seeing.

It was a tall girl, brunette with a beautiful face. She was wearing black cargo pants and a black hoodie and she was looking at me. Her face was perfect. She looked like a goddess staring at me with those big eyes. Not long after I turned, a smile formed on her lips, showing her dimples. Those dimples just made the girl even cuter and made everyone forget her cold side for a moment.

"Tzu- Tzuyu-ah?" I made a step towards her. She smiled again and made one step closer to me. "Hey squirrel." she said and I immediately ran up to her and hugged her tight. I couldn't believe I was seeing her again after five years, after the surgery she had done to save me. I burried my face in her neck without realizing tears had started to flow down my eyes. She hugged me back and I felt her long fingers trace through my hair. I liked being in her arms again. I liked feeling her warmth again. After a few seconds, I pulled back from the hug and slapped her hand.

"Yah! What was that for?" she asked rubbing her hand.

"For making me wait five years! Don't ever do anything like that again!" I continued slapping her hands and she just grabbed them and made me look at her.

"I won't. Promise." she said and locked her lips with mine. I loved feeling her lips brush against mine again. I had missed that feeling. The feeling when your whole world turns upside down because of only one person. The feeling when you know you have someone to rely on for everything, someone to trust, your other half. Tzuyu was literally my other half and those five years, I knew deep inside me, I would see her again. I knew I would hug her again, kiss her again, I knew I would hold on to her and never let her go. And I knew she would do the same.

THE END