DEVIL FRUITS

" Su umi!" Benn called for you who was busy playing with Luffy in the river.

The said girl came running towards Benn with Luffy tagging behind.

"What is it Benn?" She asked , all wet with river water.
"I've got lunch." He answered pointing at the bento he was holding, moving his gaze from you to the boy on your right as he sighed.

"Lunch!!" The two seven year olds exclaimed , snatching away the bento from Benn's hand as they started eating.

Benn face palmed himself done with babysitting the two. Yasopp patted his shoulder offering the bento that was actually meant for Benn.
"Handling kids can quite hectic." Yasopp snickered.
"What do you know about handling kids when you left yours at your own homeland."Benn argued.
"But still I'm handling these two right , so it got balanced anyway."Yasopp countered and continued eating his lunch.

Basically what has happened was Benn and yasopp were sent to the forest to get woods , some fruits and other things needed for them in their journey, but luffy and you started to throw tantrums to go to the forest with them and here they are causing a rukus for Benn.

"Luffy that is my piece of meat. This is my lunch, stay away from my lunch." You shouted at food thief who was trying to get his hands on your lunch after completing his in few minutes.You gasped as he stole the largest piece of meat that you were saving for the end , and faster than the light he ate. You became furious as you both started fighting.

"Shut up both you, Can't you let us eat peacefully." Benn shouted as you stopped to look at him.

"But he ate my meat." You complained pointing at Luffy who just smiled showing all of his teeth.

"Here take this." Benn offered one piece of meat from his lunch to you as you ate satisfied with it.

"Umi let's go and play." Luffy suggested.

"No! You ate my meat , I'm not playing with you anymore." You huffed going towards the river again.

----Your Pov----

I walked away from there going towards the river, I know luffy will be here in a few minutes, following me.

I sat at the rock near the river, hearing
the waves, the river was quite.

I initiated a conversation with a small "Hello."
And the river or sea would reply with "Hello little one." Then I'd share about every thing that happened on that day or how was my day or ask question whose answers I really want to find. The sea was my best friend.

"What happened little one, why are you upset?" The river asked.

"Luffy ate my food." I complained.

"But he is your friend , right? Then it is good to share food with your friends." The sea spoke.

"He stole it." I huffed, angry at the sea taking Luffy's side.

I stood up from the rock and walked alongside river, wondering around since there was nothing much to do.

I caught a glimpse of fishes swimming in the clear water and I concluded there was nothing new but a reddish brown, weird shaped, fruit like thing caught my eye. I asked the river

"What is that?"

"It's a devil fruit little one."

"It's a fruit? Can I eat that?"

"Well it is a little gift from the sea to you Su umi."

"Gift? But why me?"

"Because you are the dearest to the sea."