Chapter- 2

A week passed by in a blink, and dynamics between the family members were changing. The brothers were trying to be with Ruhi all the time; none of them left her alone, even for a moment. Since the attacker was still out there and they didn't have any information about them, Rudra asked Ruhi to work from home at least until things settled down. Ruhi was also trying to be as normal as she could, spending time with her brothers and not being alone. It was easier for her to cope with the situation this way. Though there were times when she would get lost in her thoughts, she was at least not blaming herself, hating herself, or feeling guilty about it.

"Families and relationships are defined by the bond we share, not by the blood we share," every time she thought different, Rudra's words rang in her ears. No matter what the truth was, she was embracing it with an open heart. The twins were also happy to see the change. They knew it was not easy for her, but she was trying, and the efforts were all that mattered to them all.

As the new day started, Ruhi made her way towards the dining area. Rudra and Abhay smiled but frowned upon seeing her dressed up in her three-piece suit.

"Tu office jaa rahi hai?" Rudra asked.

Ruhi took her seat and nodded, "Aaj ek important meeting hai I can't handle it from home."

"Prr bhar khtra hai Princess aur abhi isme tu bhar jayegi." Abhay voiced his concern.

Ruhi sighed, "I will take security with me in fact you can double up them prr mera jaana zaruri hai."

"prr..."

"Let her go, Rudra. I will ask the team to follow her closely," Prem said as he entered the room.

"You don't need to worry about that Dada hai uske liye. You know, this sudden change in your behavior is bothering me. Just act like the old dominant father you used to be, as I am used to that side of you, SIR," Ruhi taunted as she stood up. "Mujhe bhook nhi hai; I will have something outside."

Prem swallowed his hurt and smiled softly, "Sit and have breakfast, Ruhi. You won't like it if I take on that dominant stance, as you will be forced to comply. Am I wrong, beta?"

Ruhi looked away, the sarcasm was not lost on her. She sat down reluctantly as both her brothers pulled her down, making her sit in her place. It took her a week to realize that the words her father said, he actually meant it. He was back to being his softer self. He was trying to initiate conversation with her, and whenever she gave him a taunt and a good comeback, he would shut her mouth completely, which annoyed her further. Somewhere in her heart, she believed that her father was hurting, but her mind refused to accept it. Every time she tried to overcome the the situation, her father's indifferent nature played in front of her eyes like a video, and she withdrew. It hurt her in the worst way possible, and she wanted him to feel that pain, even though she had to endure it all over again. She was ready.

Prem sighed and began to have his breakfast. He wanted to earn his daughter's trust and love, but that didn't mean he would let her get away with everything. He was her father, and he always would be; no one could change that. He was prepared to endure her taunts, sarcasm, anger, and every resentment, but there were a few things he wished to draw a line at, and he was doing just that.

Rudra and Abhay glanced at each other and looked away. They were becoming the unwanted sandwich filling between this father-daughter duo. They had a lot to say to their father, many questions to ask, but they held themselves back, knowing he had suffered enough. On the other hand, they understood Ruhi's perspective too; her anger and resentments were not unfounded, as they had witnessed her suffering themselves. In the end, remaining quiet and being silent spectators seemed like the safest option they could find.