n i n e t e e n

The six brothers stood in front of the graves, a cold wind rustling through the trees. The setting sun cast long shadows across the ground, the fading light making the moment feel even more somber. The gravestones stood as silent sentinels, bearing the names of their parents, the dates marking the beginning and end of lives cut tragically short.

Verenzio's eyes were fixed on the gravestones, his jaw clenched tight. "This never should have happened," he thought, bitterness seeping into every corner of his mind. "Yawa is to blame for this." The thought that she was still out there somewhere, possibly safe, while their parents lay here, filled him with a cold rage.

Romeo stood beside him, his hands buried in his pockets. He glanced at the names etched into the stone, feeling the weight of loss press down on him. "They trusted her," he thought, anger bubbling up inside him. "And she led them to their deaths. She doesn't deserve our concern. She deserves to feel what we feel—alone and abandoned."

Ramirez shifted his weight, his gaze distant. "She always acted without thinking," he thought, a steely resolve hardening within him. "And now we pay the price for her recklessness. Searching for her? It's a waste of time. She's not worth it."

 Ricarios face was a mask of cold indifference, though his eyes betrayed a flicker of unresolved emotion. "She was family," he thought, struggling with the conflict within him. "But she destroyed that bond the moment she put them in danger. We owe her nothing."

Marlon and Mason stood slightly apart, their faces mirroring each other's hardened expressions. Mason clenched his fists, trying to suppress the anger that threatened to overwhelm him. "She took them from us," he thought, the words like ice in his mind. "We can't just forgive and forget. She has to live with what she's done."

Marlon nodded almost imperceptibly, as if reading his twins thoughts. "She broke our family," he thought, the cold wind chilling him to the bone. "And now she's out there somewhere. But we won't search for her. She made her choice, and now she has to live with it."

The brothers stood there, united in their silent resolve, their eyes fixed on the graves of their parents. The pain and loss were still fresh, but their hearts were hardened by the belief that Yawa was to blame. The idea of searching for her felt not only unnecessary but also a betrayal of the memory of their parents. As the sun dipped below the horizon, they turned away from the graves, leaving behind any thoughts of reconciliation. In their minds, Yawa was as lost to them as their parents were, a ghost of a sister who had made her choice.

VARNI

The moon hung high in the sky, casting a silvery glow over the cemetery. The air was still, the silence only broken by the occasional rustling of leaves. Yawa stood at the entrance, her heart pounding in her chest. She had waited for this moment, gathering the courage to face the graves of her parents and the reality of their loss.

As she walked slowly towards the gravestones, each step felt heavier than the last. The night enveloped her, a cloak of darkness that matched the weight in her heart. She finally reached the graves, her eyes falling upon the names etched into the cold stone.

She knelt down, placing her hand on the gravestone, the cool surface grounding her in the reality of their absence. Memories flooded her mind, the moments they shared, the love they had given her, and the night it all ended. Tears welled up in her eyes, but she fought them back, her expression a mask of determination.

Yawa glanced around, making sure she was alone. The shadows were still, and there was no one in sight. She took a deep breath, feeling the weight of years of silence pressing down on her. She had not spoken since that night, her voice lost in the depths of fear and her guilt. But here, now, she felt the need to break the silence, to speak to them one last time.

"I'm sorry," she whispered, her voice cracking from disuse. The words felt foreign on her tongue, but she forced herself to continue. "I'm so sorry."

She closed her eyes, allowing the tears to fall freely now, her shoulders shaking with the sobs she had held back for so long. "It wasn't my fault," she said, her voice barely more than a breath. "Jake... it was him. But they sent me to him. My own brothers, they sent me to him."

The night deepened, the world around her a silent witness to her grief. She felt a pang of longing, wishing her brothers could understand her pain, but knowing they held her responsible. "They blame me," she thought, her heart aching. "But they don't see their own part in this. They sent me away, and they left me with him."

The anger she had suppressed for so long bubbled to the surface. "I was just a child," she whispered, her voice trembling with fury. "I trusted them, and they sent me to a monster. They made me this way. They took away my voice, my spirit."

She stayed there for a long time, the silence of the cemetery a stark contrast to the turmoil within her. Speaking after so long felt like tearing open old wounds, but it also brought a strange sense of relief. "I miss you both so much," she whispered, her voice breaking. "But I can't forgive them. I can't forgive my brothers for what they did to me."

The words hung in the air, a quiet testament to her enduring love and regret mixed with a deep-seated resentment. She stood up, wiping her tears away, her heart a mix of sorrow and newfound determination. "I have to live with this," she thought, her resolve hardening. "I'll find a way to make them pay."

She took one last look at the gravestones, whispering a final, heartfelt goodbye. As she walked away from the graves, the moonlight guiding her path, she felt a small flicker of hope. She was alone, but she was still here. She would carry the weight of her grief and her anger, but she would also carry the memory of her parents' love.

•FuFu

What do you think about the characters so far?

Lots of love~<3