Verdict

*Hey Sarge, remember me?*

Pips' hands trembled as she read the text. After 694 days of loneliness and isolation. It took Ravi only 3 minutes to reach out to her. She still couldn't believe that Max was actually found guilty, and she was safe. She didn't know how to respond and eventually came up with

 *I could never forget you.*

Pip laid her phone down against her bed, and she stood up. She was too nervous to sit down. She paced for a few minutes, and then she heard her phone go off. She ran back to her phone and read Ravi's reply

                   *I know who could ever                          forget my beautiful face.*

Pip laughed a real laugh for the first time in what felt like forever. She realized that she needed to hear his voice, so she called him. It rung once and then, " Hey Sarge, I missed you." Hearing Ravi's voice made Pip loose all of the words she was going to say. Her eyes filled." Pip, are you ok?" Ravi asked. Any control Pip had over her emotions dissipated. She broke down and sobbed, " Ravi. I am so sorry! I wanted to protect you, but I just ended up hurting you! I understand if you hate me an__!" "Pip it's okay. I_" "No, it's not okay, Ravi! I_I..." Pip couldn't find the words. She just broke down and sobbed. " Hey, hey, it's okay. Calm down, I am here now. We are team Pip and Ravi, right?" Ravi asked. Pip calmed herself down and choked, " Yeah. Team Pip and Ravi. We did it, Ravi. we actually did it. " Pip said. " Yeah, we did, Sarge. We can talk about everything later. I am coming to you right now. " Pip felt herself panic a little bit. She hurridly said, " Wait. I know Max is in jail, but we don't need extra suspicion of us meeting up after almost two years right after Max's verdict. " She could hear Ravi hesitate, and then he said, " I will come tomorrow. My parents are going to see family tomorrow, and they are staying until Sunday and coming home that night. I can pretend to be sick and come over and stay until Sunday and then leave. Only if that is ok with you?" Pip smiled and said, " Usually, I was the one that made the plans. I'm surprised you actually made a good plan. " She could see Ravi's smile on the other side of the phone. " I am offended. I have all the things, brains, athletics, and looks. You should be glad to be involved in one of my Ravi Singh's genius plans. " Pip snorted and said, " I missed this. I missed you, Ravi. " She heard him chuckle, and he said, " I missed you too, Sarge. Oh, I hear my parents coming, so I gotta go. I will see you tomorrow. " Pip smiles and says, " Yeah, I will see you tomorrow." Ravi was about to hang up when Pip hurridly said, " Um, Ravi.." She heard him say, " Yeah Sarge?"I..I. I love you. " Pip felt her heart racing and her stomach turning. What of he doesn't love you anymore, or_. She was cut off by Ravi sighing and saying, " I love you too, Pip. " Pip felt herself smile, and she felt her eyes fill. She held it together and said, " Bye. See you tomorrow. " She heard Ravi say it too, and then she hung up the phone. She held the phone to her chest and started crying, but this time, it was of joy. Ravi still loves her, and she is going to see him tomorrow.

Pip was doing homework on her computer when her phone went off. Pip looked at it, but it was just Connor. She had gotten texts from Nat, Jamie, Cara, Naomi, her parents, Connor, and even Becca. They were all telling her about the results of Max's trial. She wanted to answer so badly, but she knew she had to wait. She couldn't risk becoming suspicious. She would talk to Ravi about it when he came. She looked at the time and saw that it was 10:30 pm. She figured she might as well try to fall asleep. Pip still had trouble sleeping and had nightmares a lot, but she has been trying to do what she did for Cara. She would put on a show or movie on her computer and try to go to sleep. Most of the time, it didn't work, but she could try tonight. She plugged in her computer and put on Outer Banks. She liked the mystery and treasure hunting, but it wasn't her favorite show. But it was something to pass the time. Pip smiled when John B and Sarah kissed for the first time. Maybe that would be Ravi and her tomorrow. She would just have to wait and see.