1. The Beginning

Ariella •
I began to look around the music room in hopes of finding my journal that i've lost. The journal is where I keep my sketches, although my father does not approve of this 'bizarre phase' of mine...I want to become an artist. I feel it in my soul.

I then find my black leather journal sitting on the piano, so I retrieve it and proceed to my bedroom.

My life is easy, mansion, house keeping, a nice car. It's all because of my mother & father.

My mother is a famous fashion designer currently touring London as we speak. My father on the other hand is a music producer. We originally lived in the UK until they decided America was 'the home of fame' and moved here. Ever since, my parents have been way more busy than before.

But I don't really mind, I have friends and very much do appreciate my alone time.

I walk into my room, and begin doing what I love, sketching into my journal.

A few hours later I woke up next to my journal and a pencil in my hand.

I guess I lost track of time and fell asleep...

I hear something shatter from downstairs and I quickly get up and make my way to the kitchen.

"I'm so sorry to wake you, miss." My father's maid says picking up the pieces of glass.

"Don't worry about it at all." I say, bending down to help her.

"Thank you. You are very kind." She says.

"Ah, I'm only being human. No need to thank me." I say. She smiles, and my dad walks in through the door talking to someone on his bluetooth.

"Hey Dad. I was wondering if-" I began. But he went "Hold on, hold on." And muted his phone call.

"What were you saying?" He asked. "Um...I was just wondering if you could look over the papers I left in your office."

"Um...what papers?" He asks.
"I left some papers in your office."
"Regarding?"
"Just a school I wanna go to." I say, nervously laughing.

"Oh. Okay, yeah. I'll take a look and tell you when i'm done." He says.

"Okay. Thank you."

He goes back to his phone call and I sigh in relief. I didn't know if he was gonna say he would.

I jog back up to my room and change into black track shorts and a red 'Saint Christopher's Academy' T-shirt. I pull my hair into a ponytail.

Someone on Skype starts calling on my laptop and I walk to my desk to see who it is.

I answer, "Hi Mom!" I say.

"Hey baby girl. What's up?" She asks.
"Oh nothing. I'm trying to get Dad to get me to go to a different school."
"A different school? What's wrong with Saint Christopher's?"
"Nothing. I just don't wanna go there anymore. All the girls talk about is how rich they are."
"Well, what school are you planning on going to."
"Interlochen Art Academy."
"Interlochen?"
"It's a boarding school."
"A boarding school? And you wanna go?"
"Well yeah. I do."
"If it's what you feel like you need to do. Then I say, yes. But you won't be able to go until next year."

"Thank you. And yeah I know. I can't wait." I say.
"Well I gotta go now. Bye! Love you!"
"Love you. Bye." I say, smiling and clicking the red button.

I race downstairs and into my dad's office.

When I get there he's already looking at the papers.

"Interlochen?" He asks, removing his glasses as he looks at me.

"Well...Yeah." I say nervously.
"What's wrong with Saint Christopher's?"
"Nothing. I just really wanna go here." I plead.

"Okay fine. If you really want to."

I smile and hug him.
"But you have to promise me you'll take a performing arts class as well."

I ask, "Like what kind?"

"Music."

_________________________________

Hey guys!
I just wanna say thanks for actually reading my story. I have a good feeling about this one. Also, Interlochen is a real art academy for high school. But they're in Michigan but we're gonna pretend its in North Yorkshire, UK.

Anyway, thanks again for reading!

♡ Chelsea