Chapter 1 (

Ever since I was a kid, I always dreamed of having someone special in my life. Someone who would make me happy, feel special... I never knew a person could make me feel this good... And that was my best friend Martinus".

I close my diary as I write the special page for him. He made me feel special, he made me feel good about myself and him. He showed me a new version of myself that I never knew it existed.

I tried focusing on something else, just to get my mind off of him, but of course as usual, nothing helped... I groaned as I closed the diary and looked at the framed picture on the nightstand. Smile spreads across my face as I look at the picture. That picture was speacial to me because it was a picture of me and Martinus when we were kids. A picture my mother took three days before she passed away.

Few tears fell down my face as I looked at the picture. Whenever I looked at it, I remembered that day and that particular day where Martinus, my mom and I had a great time.

The moment was stopped when I heared a knock on my door. I wiped my tears away quickly and replied with "Come in...". The person behind my doors was Martinus. He knew me well, even tho the tears were wiped off, he knew something was wrong.

"What's wrong?" He asked silently as he gave me a hug. I sniffled quitly and took the frame into my hands. "Look... Remeber that day? When you and I had a lot of fun with my mom... I never thought that would be the last smile I shared with her..." I say with a shaky voice as I see Martinus eyes watering.

He always used to be close to my mom. Him and Marcus always loved her like she was their mother also. Because of her, we became best friends.

"I do... It was the best day of our childhood" He replied simply as he hugged me tighter. "I wish I could bring her back... I just wish she was with me again, holding me and talking to me".

At those words, Martinus let his tears escape from his eyes. "I know you do, I wish that too... But she is always looking over at you kiddo and I'm sure she is proud how far you've become."

I smiled sadly as I heared him reassuring me. He always knew how to choose the right words, the words that he knew that would help me.

"I just wish she never left us, you know?" I say as Martinus wipes away my tears...

He smiled sadly at me as his fingers carresed my cheek. "I know kiddo... But trust me, if she was here, she wouldn't want you to cry or suffer. She would want you to be the best version of yourself, a girl who is ready for every challenge..."

I nooded in response as his grip on me tightened. "Thank you for always finding the right words and helping me. I don't know what I would've do without you." I said as he smiled.

Martinus knew that what I was saying is true and that I was really grateful for him. That's exactly why I fell in love with him in the first place.

"No problem kiddo... You know that you are the most important girl in my life, I would do anything for you."

Those words made me melt and the next thing I know is us laughing again while bringing up our childhood... It felt like everything stopped and it was only me and him.

That's why he was the person who made me feel special