ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 4

As the first few classes flew past all the lectures and homework being assigned, the bell for lunch had blared through the halls and the classrooms ending the torture nightmares every student wishes and longs to escape its clutches from. The halls had flooded, and the loud screams and chatter of the students erupted pushing past everyone as the giant herd of students headed for the Cafeteria to feast. What I hear from all the screams and talking? An entire zoo on the rampage in a school, crushing anything that got in its way. And who had been pushed around in the stampede? Me. But then again, I've been used to it, all the pushing and fighting like animals to get to the Cafeteria.

Soon the herd had moved along into the Cafeteria leaving the halls empty as I stood by myself before going down the hall where the herd had gone to feast. The tables were filled, and the conversations were loud, some people running around like a few of the football boys running around and throwing the ball. 'Honestly this never gets old or changes..' I mutter under my breath as I look around for an empty table before hearing Chase calling out again as he stands up waving his arms about. "Arla!!- Arla we're over here!!" He calls out with his cheery personality showing as I groan slightly, keeping my head down again as the conversations die down and everyone's gaze goes to me again and the whispers begin again. 'This will never get old.' I sigh as I sit down at the table keeping my head down before the conversations start up again.

"Hey you okay?-" Chase spoke up again before Keith had cut him off. "Why'd you let Noah sit next to you?" His tone was stern and full of agitation and a hint of jealousy, which was visible with his expression as well. "He's a player and a liar. You cannot trust him that easily." It's kind of obvious now that something had happened between them. "What's your problem with him? What did he ever do to you, to get annoyed when he talks to me. Why do you care so much?" That made him shut up for sure as he had remained silent before grumbling under his breath with his arms crossed keeping his gaze on the table.

I then hear Chase clear his throat, catching my attention again. "Back to my question. Are you okay?" He repeats again with a slightly concerned look and worried tone. It was clear he knew I felt uncomfortable after he called me over, like he did on the bus this morning. "I'm fine, thank you for asking Chase. Just a bit awkward how everyone already knows me as 'The daughter of Zero and destroyer of schools'." I lean on the table with my head on my hands as I let out a sigh looking at the table. "Why don't you guys care?" I look back up at them as Chase nudges Keith who was about to open his mouth, hitting his ribs making him grip it in pain as he lets out a groan.

"Well, freaks gotta stick together is what I always say. That's how Keith and I became friends for sure." Chase smiles with his signature look before Keith then speaks up. "Shut up asshole.." He croaks as he takes a deep breath calming down from the nudge he had gotten in the ribs. "Anyways.. we have Art next, your in my class so just stick with me on the way there.." Keith mumbles again as he looks at his phone.