The Life Of : Saylor Grace Finch

CHAPTER 1 : Picture Day

"Saylor Grace Finch. here?" Roll call the first thing to happen in class in the morning. My first name was Saylor Grace but I went by just Saylor

"Yerp" that's my own way of saying yes or yep. See I don't like blending in with other people and being like everybody else. I was always the one who would do anything to try to get attention. In high school now,uh no I don't try to be like that anymore.

"Good Morning students!" Mrs.Sparkins voice boomed over the intercom with morning announcements. "Today is the last day for picture day-" She continued but I zoned out and started to think about my outfit for picture day. I started to analyze my outfit : Coral pink dress cut, stops at the knee and one shouldered, a brown belt at the middle of it and brown cowgirl boots. I curled my hair and put on makeup too. Perfection! I thought. " -have a great day students. "

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Finally it was picture time. I was next in line. It always took these people forever to take pictures. They finally called me back. They had to get the things for my pose set up. I had a background that made me look like I was in a field of flowers. Once it was finally fixed ,I began smiling and doing my pose. When I was finished I walked out of the room and to the locker room.

I had to go change, well I didn't have to I just didn't want this dress to get ruined.

I put on my pants, with my hot pink Gatlinburg shirt. I slid on my other pair of boots I brought and left.

When I walked out into the hallway I noticed that no one was in the halls. What happened ? I wondered. Then my boyfriend, Hunter, came up behind me and said c'mon. He looked really shocked . I went with him. Especially since he was pulling my arm along with him.

I couldn't seem to think of why he was doing this. See Hunter can't take anything seriously, unless I get hurt. He dragged me out of the school and when we got out there nothing was wrong. No one was out there except a few sophomores eating lunch at the picnic tables.

"Hunter ! Let go of my arm please. What's going on ?"

"I saw...I saw...." he said out of breath.

"You saw what!?" I was kinda raising my voice at him ,he was scaring me.

"Nothing" he said looking around " Never mind. I'm sorry Saylor . I thought I saw your dad." he said looking at the ground.

Here's something I haven't told you yet , my dad was killed in a car crash last year. Since then Hunter has gone kind of crazy and I don't know why. Him and my dad got along so well. They got along better than dad had with any of my other boyfriends.

I liked at him confused "Hunter, my dad's a gone and you know that. He isn't coming back! He's dead! " I started crying. Hunter got my arm and pulled me into a hug. "I'm sorry Saylor , I honestly promise you it looked like I saw your dad."

"It's okay" I told him.

I dried up my tears and remained in Hunter' s hug. He let go after a few minutes. Then we walked back into the school.

When we walked through the door, my ex-best friend was standing there. Her name was Leah. She was jealous that I was dating Hunter. She wanted him for herself. She done everything in her power to break us up. She's done it so many times, while me and him have been dating since 8th grade.