Chapter 46

"Is he awake?"

"Do you think he ends up in someone's dreams if he faints?"

"I'm sure we'll find out." A young face, too young in Jaune's opinion, leaned over him holding a cup of coffee. "Back in the world of the living, Mr Arc? I do hope you found my floor to be a comfortable bed."

"Ozpin," Glynda chastised. "Curtail your sarcasm."

"But Glynda, I'm young again. I need to start learning to be hip and down with the kids."

"Please stop. You sound awful."

"Big yikes if true."

"Ozpin, I will kill you."

"This is a dream," Jaune mumbled. "This has to be a dream. This can't be real."

"That would be convenient," said Glynda. "I wouldn't say no to this being a bizarre dream either."

"I'm afraid it isn't." Ozpin, young and looking obnoxiously handsome with his cocky smile, hopped up onto his desk and sat on the edge, crossed one leg over the other and leaned an elbow on his knee. "For better or worse, given your opinion, I am now about thirty to forty years younger. I'm certainly not complaining."

"This is insane!" Jaune said.

"It is."

"This is going to blow up in my face!"

"It is."

Jaune scowled at the man. "You're supposed to be calming me down!"

"Ah, my apologies. Let me try again. Worry not, Mr Arc. I'm sure no one will raise an eyebrow at you having reversed time and cured ageing. There definitely won't be many old people begging you to do the same for them. Not at all. And you healed James' arm, implying you could heal just about every and all injuries. But I'm sure the world will be content to let you live your life normally and without interference—"

"He's having a panic attack!"

Arms wrapped around Jaune's shoulder and a hand under his chin tilted his head back. Oobleck's face filled his vision. "Look at me, Jaune. Calm. It'll be fine. We are going to be doing our best to hide your Semblance. Ozpin has simply rediscovered his youth and become something of an asshole. It's a midlife crisis. Ignore him."

"I resent that," said Ozpin. "You're being... uh..." He held up his scroll before him. "Salty? As in, the condiment? Hm. You're being salty."

The scroll flew out his hand via Glynda's Semblance and landed in hers. Closing down the page on new terms and generational slang, she tossed the device over her shoulder and crossed her arms. Ozpin sighed as it shattered on the floor behind her.

"Right, well..." Ozpin cleared his throat. "Onto business, then. Mr Arc, we did not bring you here to abduct you or force you into some research facility. This is to keep you in the picture since you're related to what is going on. I, or the old I, Ozpin, am to retire from Beacon Academy due to health complications. Meanwhile, Beacon will be welcoming a new combat instructor – Oswald."

"Do the names have to be so similar?" Jaune had to ask.

"Yes. It hides any mistakes of people calling me Oz, as I can claim it's just a nickname. Also, who is going to look at me and think I'm Ozpin? If needs be, I can claim to be his nephew or grandson. Glynda will become the new headmistress of Beacon Academy."

Meaning that Jaune had basically lost the headmaster his job and thrown the school into disarray.

"I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry!"