1

Reunion (1)

The Y2K craze in 1999. The rise of the internet as a whole, the common use of extremely heavy and expensive computers everyone started to purchase, Macintosh, Windows, whatever. It was especially a big year as the last year of the 20th century.

Everyone held dazzling, gigantous parties, events, and celebrations. Everyone was ecstatic for the 21st century, and everyone gets to experience it(if you were alive that is.)

The evening moon of December 31st rose as Kyuhyun stood near one of the stalls one his parents owned for the New Year's festival that their town celebrates every New Year's. He was there to help out his parents with their stall, their fishing game stall meanwhile his parents chattered around gleefully with the stall owners, neighbors, friends, and relatives around them happily, it causing Kyuhyun to feel contempt, he thought to himself; They own this damn stall, why won't they just manage it themselves than letting me do THEIR job???, He started to wonder. But he did agree to this because he was unable to find any game or things he wanted to participate for. Only if his friend would come. Friend? Classmate?? Actually, he doesn't know how to label him.

Kyuhyun sat in front of the stall, watching the children, adults, and elderly enjoy their time. Kyuhyun though, he would definitely enjoy it. Only if he wasn't stubbornly dramatic about his friend unable to visit their town for this specific festival. It was about time that it would be a year after they've last seen each other. And he felt upset about that as well. From only sending letters, calling through the phone... All he simply wanted was to hang out with him personally, face-to-face. And Kyuhyun's heart was especially longing for at least one memory where he had a enjoyable memory with Ryeowook. Even if it was the last for a very long time. Was he over reacting and dramatic for unable to meet his best friend face-to-face? Up to your interpretation. But we do know the obvious answer, do we reader?

As he sat there with a clearly obvious upset pout. Ryeowook was walking towards the venue's entrance with shining eyes. It had been a very long time since he's ever seen a festival so vibrant and ecstatically exciting like this.

Ryeowook, whilst holding his mother's hand, wandered around the multiple stalls, with only a single thing in mind; to have fun for the new year's. Especially with his best friend for 3 years at this point, Kyuhyun!

The view of gleefully excited children, adults, and elderly alike made Ryeowook even more happier than ever, unlike his mother. Who seemed nonchalant over it. As if she was forced to be here only for her son.

The moment Ryeowook caught sight of his best friend, his eyes sparkles before immediately running towards the younger(he's not that young in my honest opinion though.), Leaving his mother who didn't bother to stop the running child.

Kyuhyun, who was yet to catch wind of Ryeowook's presence, flinched the moment he heard Ryeowook calling his name loudly with a wide, and bright grin before felt a tight embrace over his body. But he wasn't scared, rather.. He was clearly glad for Ryeowook's sudden, surprising arrival.

"Ryeowookieee...!!! You're back!!!"

Kyuhyun exclaimed Ryeowook's name in pure delight, yes. In all three exclamations loud. as if he hadn't seen Ryeowook in years, feeling his eyes watering, about to weep in joy, but he refuses to do so. It all simply ruins the fun of this New Year's Eve. It's just one of the few moments he has with Ryeowook, he shouldn't cry over it.

After the short hug had finished, Ryeowook turned around to glare over the stall behind Kyuhyun that contained an inflated pool filled with yellow rubber duckies, with prizes hung over and showcased from above the inflated pool that ranged from toys and other things that children take to liking. And as well as a few fishing rods just in the corner of the stall

Ryeowook's eyes stared at the prizes with his jaw dropping a bit from surprise because of the pretty, and cool toys that he could get that he doesn't get to have often times.

Though to Kyuhyun, it was obvious that Ryeowook was zoning out he didn't exactly know why.(He's a dumbass no?) He didn't want to bother anyway because he was becoming seriously awkward and impatient of the silence. He wanted to chatter with Ryeowook more, not just stay quiet with their mouths shut like this.

"Ryeowook!!! Let's go! I don't wanna just stay here..!" Kyuhyun exclaimed and begged in detestation. As if he was throwing a tantrum, shaking the other's shoulder. The disturbed Ryeowook seemed annoyed from the sudden pestering, but didn't seem to want to react too much and burst unlike Kyuhyun.

"I'm sorry, Let's go!" Ryeowook sheepishly smiled before taking Kyuhyun's hand with a tight and firm grip and breezed through the whole venue, running around with no caution, causing them to bump into crowds of people for a few times. Which caused them to be yelled a few times, but the both didn't bother to even apologize to anyone in the crowd. What matters is that they're together again, and want to have some fun again for the new years after what they thought was "a long time".

"Look! What's that stall selling?" Kyuhyun pointed curiously. As both stopped their continuously sprinting, oblivious of any accident.

They come across an old, frail man selling masks. Well to be much more specific; fox masks. (despite the place where the old man was selling it wasn't Japan, in fact it was obviously South Korea). The intricate designs, albeit what they thought looked "wierd", looked magnificent enough for them to get interested to buy.

Ryeowook gazed at the masks for a brief moment, before approaching the old man.

"woah... those look really cool... Ahjussi-nim, how much are they for...?" He asked awkwardly as he grabbed a tiny coin purse from his pockets, searching for coins to buy the mask.
[ PS: "ahjussi" means "uncle", " nim" is the equivalent of Sir/Mr/Ms/Mrs in Korean you call people older than youwith respect, and which you aren't close tp. ]

The elderly man raised his head and with a smile before pointing at a sign, signed as "2500 won".