Chapter- 3

As Ruhi and Abhay reached school, they immediately made their way towards the principal's office. However, they were taken aback when they saw Ayaan and Kunal standing outside the office, both looking bruised. They approached Ayaan, who saw them and immediately rushed towards Ruhi, hugging her. Ruhi wrapped her arms around him, concerned, and then looked at Kunal. She beckoned him to come, but the boy refused, surprising her further. Abhay took a step towards him and pulled him into a hug. The bruises looked painful, and the fear was raw in his eyes, so he couldn't help but embrace the boy.

Ruhi pulled back and cupped Ayaan's face. The cut on his lips and the light black patch under his eyes made her eyes sizzle in anger as she caressed his face gently. Ayaan hissed in pain.

"Who did this?"

The silence was the only answer she got. Abhay pulled back and asked the same thing to Kunal, but the boy stood rigid as well.

"Bhaiya," Ayaan and Kunal whispered, scared.

Abhay and Ruhi looked up, only to find Rudra and Kabir making their way towards them. On instinct, Ruhi pushed Ayaan behind her, and Abhay pulled Kunal towards him. Even though he was angry, he was least interested in letting the angry lions eat their prey raw.

Ignoring them, Rudra and Kabir went straight inside the principal's cabin. While Ruhi and Abhay waited with the younger ones patiently, Ruhi looked at Ayaan. The boy looked scared enough for her to know that he was at fault, and that annoyed her. Can't he be the decent one in the family? Why does he have to follow in her or their bhaiyu's footsteps? Violence was not something their father appreciated, and the same went for Rudra Khanna. She could count on one hand the number of times her Dada got in trouble in his school as well as college life, and that was never for himself but for his twin only.

"Arey batayega kya kiya? Kis ke sath lade tum dono? Dekho abhi bata do nahi toh, hum tum dono ko bachane se rahe Hitlero se." Abhay spoke, however, silence was the only thing he got, annoying him further.

As the door of the cabin opened, both the brothers stepped out and glared at their younger ones.

"Come here, Ayaan," Rudra commanded.

Ayaan clutched Ruhi's hand tightly.

Ruhi looked at Rudra, "Dada..." she trailed off as Rudra gave her a look.

Abhay pulled Ayaan from Ruhi's embrace and pushed him towards Rudra unceremoniously. What's there to fear when the damage was already done? He was no saint to wait and give in. He was well aware that his twin won't live Ayaan, and the one who will try to save the boy will eventually end up facing the burn which he wasn't dying to face.

Rudra made Ayaan look at him, "You fought with Kunal." It was more of a statement than a question.

Ruhi and Abhay looked at him shocked, "What?"

"Jawad de Kunal. Did you two get into a fight?" Kabir asked sternly.

Kunal flinched and immediately nodded.

"Why?"

"Mein batati hu bhai," a voice came from behind.

Everyone turned to look at the person, who was none other than Payal.

Ruhi approached the girl; the bandage on her forehead made her worried.

"Kya hua bacha? How did you get hurt?" Ruhi asked, gently.

Payal shook her head, "It was just an accident Di. Recess khatam hone ke baad hum log apne class ke taraf ja rahe the. We were talking and laughing like our usual selves, but Kunal ne mazak mein mujhe dhakka diya. He didn't do it on purpose," she emphasized, looking at Ayaan angrily, "But I think aapke bhai ko laga that he did it on purpose and then randomly they started to argue with each other and push each other, aur vo kafi nahi tha, toh ek dusre ko maarne lag gaye. Maine rokne ki koshish ki but they didn't stop. Isliye I ended up calling the teacher. Sorry."