2. New Beginnings

•••

Sunlight peeked through the white curtains of her room. Seo-Yoon sat up, rubbing her eyes as she slowly woke up. She still wasn't used to her new environment. 'Ah yeah...I'm at the beach now.. living with.. seven boys..' After she had fully woken up, she got out of her bed and headed straight to the bathroom to freshen up. When she was done, she made her bed, changed into some clothing, and was about to head downstairs. She looked at her phone, hundreds of notifications showing. At last she was tired of the notifications, blocking everyone but her parents before heading downstairs. The house smelled of cinnamon, it smelled delicious. In the kitchen, Seo-Yoon saw Yoongi by the stove, and Jimin and Jungkook sitting at the bar counter. "Good morning Seo-Yoon, Yoongi's making French toast if you want some." Jimin waved, smiling. "'Morning boys." She greeted them back, her voice sleepy. She looked towards the lounge, seeing Hoseok and Taehyung on the couches, watching a show on the screen. "You can sit at the bar with the two Hooligans or watch whatever the other two Hooligans are watching with them." Yoongi directed, giving her a quick glance. She only nodded, heading towards the lounge. 

She could finally see what the two boys were watching. Well, they weren't watching, more of playing. They were playing..Animal Crossing..? Hoseok had one joystick and Taehyung had the other. Hoseok was being chased by wasps, the two making as much racket as possible. "Taehyung-ssi, Taehyung-ssi, hElp, please!" Hoseok cried. Taehyung cackled, only for the wasps to chase after him next. "YAh! This isn't fair!" Taehyung fussed, running into a house. At this point, Seo-Yoon had settled down on one of the couches, watching the two make a fuss. After a few minutes, Hoseok looked towards her. "Oh, good morning Seo-Yoonie!" He said. His smile was beaming like the sun. "Good morning Hoseok, Taehyung." She said in response, smiling a bit. Taehyung only waved but he had the cutest smile on his face.

She continued to watch the two for a couple more minutes before she felt the left side of the couch she sat on sink. She looked beside her to see Jungkook. "Good morning Seo-Yoon." He said, a sweet tone in his voice. "Good morning Jungkook." She returned the greeting. They both sat in a silence, watching the two make the only noise in the lounge. "So.."—Jungkook spoke up—"What brings you to Gwangalli?" He asked, attempting to start a conversation. 'Ah.. I'm in Gwangalli.. makes sense.' She stays silent for a moment before answering, looking down at her hands which lay in her lap. "I came here on a metro. I got off at its last stop.."—She began, Jungkook listening intently—"I came from Seoul. I left the city because of a heartbreak."—Jungkook's eyes softened as the sentence left her mouth—"He..he cheated on me. The girl.. when I first saw her, she seemed to be about 7 months pregnant..I didn't even let him explain before I grabbed some of my belongings and left for the nearest bus. I only got off at its last stop, I was the only one on that bus when it stopped at Gwangalli. That brings us here..I needed a fresh start from.. everything." She explained. When she looked up, Jungkook looked solemn, upset, and the boys in the kitchen had stopped what they were doing to listen. As well as Taehyung and Hoseok, they put the joysticks down as their eyes were on her as she told her story. 

"Oh.. sorry to ruin the mood." She apologized, heat rising to her face out of embarrassment, knowing all the boys just listened to her rant. "No, it's fine. We all needed an explanation anyways." Namjoon, who popped out of nowhere, reassured her. He stood at the bar counter right by Jimin, watching Yoongi cook. Everyone was silent, with the silence loud enough to kill. Luckily, Jin had woken up, and he was the loudest of them all at times. "Yah, why are y'all all over here- Oh, did I interrupt a ceremony or something?" He said rather loudly, stretching tiredly. The boys shook their head. "We were just talking about something, we'll update you in a bit Seokjin-hyung." Namjoon responded to his hyung. 'Ah, so his full name is Seokjin..'

"Ah, alright then. We should eat breakfast then before it gets cold, thanks for covering me this morning Yoongi, beauty isn't easy, y'know? A beautiful man needs his beauty sleep." He joked, smiling at boy who was almost cat-like. Yoongi nodded, grabbing plates for everyone. He put the plates in a stack along with some forks, allowing everyone to grab their own food. Seo-Yoon was the last to grab her food, which was 2 pieces of French toast. Everyone sat in the lounge, so she joined them. She still wasn't sure about these boys, along with her trust with them, it wasn't strong. She's grateful they welcomed her into their home, taking her in. 

Seo-Yoon sat on the same couch as she did earlier, now sitting beside Hoseok instead of Jungkook. "You guys remember we have work today. Seo-Yoon, since today's your first day, we'll help you and explain throughout the day." Namjoon spoke up, taking another bite of his French toast. She nodded along, chewing her French toast. "You'll be working with me, Hobi-hyung, and Jimin-hyung." Jungkook informed Seo-Yoon with a mouthful of French toast. Again, Seo-Yoon nodded, taking another bite of her breakfast. "It won't be hard in the surf shop, it's much easier than the ramen shop." Jimin added, sipping some milk. Hoseok nodded with Jungkook. 

"You have fun in Surf and Serve, it's a homey place to work. No uniforms are needed, the only requirement for clothing is that you're ready for the beach and it's not too inappropriate. Us boys sometimes pull up in swim trunks and short sleeved button ups with tropical patterns or what not. We don't need any of the boys showing up in speedos or anything." Jin put forth, taking up plates at everyone began finishing their breakfast. "Thanks Yoongi, the French toast was wonderful." She thanked him, taking her own plate to the sink area to be washed. "Of course, as one of the best chefs in this house, expect the best." He chuckled, sounding very cocky. "Hey, I'm in front of you at best cook and Jungkook is right behind you Min Yoongi." Jin warned, flicking his forehead as he walked pass Yoongi. "Yah, you can't be doing that!" Yoongi shouted in pain. 

•••

The doors of Surf and Serve opened. "Wow, it's so homey in here." Seo-Yoon marveled over the cute place. There were surfboards neatly placed in an area on the right while some were hung up on display, a few shirts on racks, guitars could be found as well. The place had what she called "A homey vibe" because of its small lounge area on the outside patio. The surf shop even had its loft for the very few employees working. Surf and Serve had a sizable patio outside, connecting the two shops where there were couches around a fireplace as well as the outside dining area for the street food shop. The string lights were hung around, as well as a few plants to be found. "We thought we'd make it a homey, friendly place for people. It's a great place to hang out after surfing." Jimin explained, putting his hands in his pockets. "You look cute by the way." He added, looking her up and down. She wore light blue jean shorts with a black top and a flannel. It was simple but cute. Her hair was down, ever so wavy in texture. Jimin wore exactly what Jin described; Coral colored swim trunks as well as a tropical printed button up. "Thanks Jimin, you look good as well." She returned the compliment, smiling. Jimin began to feel his face heat up ever so slightly. 

"You'll be working behind the counter with Hoseok today, and you'll change shifts with me to work around the shop with Jungkook, sound good?" Jimin instructed, pointing to each area as he spoke. Seo-Yoon nodded, heading to the registers. She stepped behind the counter, Hoseok already sitting in a seat. Behind the counter, she also noticed a guitar. "Do any of you boys play guitar?" She spoke up, pointing to the gorgeous, white acoustic guitar. The smiley boy nodded. "Yoongi-hyung knows how to play and then Jungkookie's learning! I don't play instruments, but I can play a recorder with my nose if that's impressive." Hoseok ranted, laughing at the last part. 'That's genuinely strange but impressive.' She chuckled at them new fact. "I can play, I was learning a bit ago. I only know a few songs though." She acknowledged, playing around with a pen she had found on the counter. "Maybe you can play later? We're going surfing later this evening and it'd be fun to hear you play." The boy behind counter with her suggested. "There should be a guitar in your room by the way, it's perfectly in tune if I remember correctly. I remember seeing either Yoongi-hyung or Jungkookie tuning the guitar in the room one day." He added to his suggestion. 

"It sounds fun, I don't know much, only a song or two, but it'll be fun to play with you boys." She accepted his suggestion, her arms resting on the counter. "Great! You can play with Jungkookie and Yoongi 'cause they usually duet. It's fun to watch, but it'll probably be better to do!" He elaborated, pretending to strum an air guitar. She giggled at the boy's actions. He was cute, in a funny way of course. He was just a goofy, silly boy. Her time here was already becoming enjoyable, a great escape from her old life. 

•••