Have You Learned Nothing?

Adrien Agreste, Marinette Dupain-Cheng and their classmates sat in their classroom on a sunny Tuesday morning, listening as a substitute teacher droned on about dry history facts. The teacher began asking questions about what she had just taught--- (I'm too lazy to actually pick a topic, and school is over so I shouldn't have to think/learn about history at 2 am on a summer night. Love y'all though) ---anyways, various pupils raised their hands to answer while Chloe Bourgeois rolled her eyes, glaring at a new classmate. This new peer happened to have her head stuck in a notebook, hand scribbling rapidly, with an unmistakably familiar ponytail adorned with a gigantic, pink, sparkly bow holding it together. Everyone was silent as the teacher paused to stare at her, the raspy sound of a tiktok-esque tune emanating from the student.

The substitute cleared her throat, and repeated the question, waiting for the girl to raise her head. Marinette whispered to her, and the girl quickly looked up, embarrassed. "Sorry, I was writing a song--"

"Jojo, have you learned nothing?" the substitute teacher demanded, raising an irritated eyebrow, nostrils flaring. The inhabitants of the classroom gasped, whispering to each other as Jojo Siwa sat there, too stunned to speak-- her face resembling that of a tomato, her hair resembling that of assorted spaghetti-- anyone looking closely could see that she was fighting back tears.

Jojo was experiencing a flashback to her Dance Mom days...the way Abby Lee Miller had yelled at her the fateful day she had the audacity to ask a question. And, ironically, but no less tragically, this lame substitute teacher had quoted Ms. Miller's exact words. Jojo was clearly traumatized. She looked down at her notebook, tears falling, causing the ink to run and smudge. Marinette put her hand on Jojo's shoulder, but she yanked herself away, and ran out of the classroom, leaving a trail of rainbow glitter behind. 

There was chaos in the classroom, students confused, gossiping, or worrying about a possible Akuma attack. Marinette and Adrien snuck out before the sub could tell everyone to quiet down and be still. Marinette decided to check in the bathroom and the locker room, and Adrien decided to check the obvious place...the studio. 

You see, Adrien was an avid Dance Moms fan and knew everything about the cast; he was overjoyed when he learned that Jojo was transferring to his school after she quit the show in a fit of rage. But he had never really had the chance to talk to her. But in a way, he could relate to her...for they were both used for fame and their faces were constantly being plastered on billboards, their every move recorded and scrutinized for all to see. 

He opened the door slowly, peering into the colorful room. There Jojo sat, her face in her hands, barely muffling the sobs wracking her body.

"Jojo?" Adrien asked, his voice soft and sympathetic. Her head raised slightly, her red eyes glossy as tears streamed down her cheeks. She looked back down at her notebook, her face hardening. "Jojo...are you okay?"

"Of course not! Can you believe her?" she replied, referring to the substitute teacher. "I didn't do anything wrong," she sniffled. "I was just trying to write a song..." Adrien saw as a purple butterfly flew into the room and urged Jojo to resist akumatization. She did, and the butterfly flew away.

Adrien sat next to her and listened as she began explaining more calmly. "It's not fair," she said. "I didn't deserve to be treated that way. You know, writing music is what gets me through everything that's happened throughout my whole life." she began wiping her tears. "That teacher will get what's coming to her...she'll get her karma."

"Yes, let justice happen naturally," said Adrien, extending his hand for her to take, helping her up. Jojo nodded her head, then hesitated, her face hardening again.

"No."

"What did you say?" 

"I said no!" Yelled Jojo. "I've never received justice-- I'm tired of forgiving and forgetting, waiting for someone or something else to avenge me! Because no one ever sticks up for me, I'm always such a doormat! So no, Adrien. I will not wait for it to happen naturally, because it never will unless I take matters into my own hands. I deserve better...!" her eyes darkened with rage and resolution. "Shadowmoth," she exclaimed, "akumatize me! Give me the power to deliver justice and give people what they deserve!" Instantly, a butterfly flew into the notebook she was holding, and her figure transformed into a costume of black latex and silver rhinestones. She turned to Adrien, who was in shock. "I am Karma! I have the power to give people the punishment they deserve for their wrongdoings. I will spare you, for you have done nothing to deserve punishment from me. Be gone!"

Adrien ran out of the studio, and into a boy's bathroom, quickly reciting his famous but probably overused transformation phrase, "Plagg, claws out!"

To be continued

*idk how many parts this is gonna have or when the next part will be out but I'll do my best to have one done at least once a week*