Prologue

*A/N*

The moral right of the author has been asserted. All rights reserved. This story has been published online subject to the condition that it shall not be reproduced or retransmitted in whole or in part, in any manner, without the written consent of the copyright holder. Any infringement of this is a violation of copyright law.

*A/N*

The girl lay restlessly on the floor, writhing and squirming - as if she was in pain. A cold bead of sweat carefully inched its way down her already-damp forehead, and every few minutes she would mutter something indistinguishable in her sleep. Shaking, she tossed and turned, her breathing became shallow, her mutters and mumbles rapidly got faster and more urgent, until suddenly a high, terrified scream peirced the night and shattered the silence into millions of fragments.

Her outline flickered, she seemed to blur, and somehow, the girl began to emit spiraling tendrils of smoke. Great clouds of it surrounded her, wrapping and suffocating her in a thick, grey blanket. The billowing coffin of smoke, hiding the girl from sight, began to rise off the ground, as it started to tremble, the windows rattled frighteningly as the howling wind pounded angrily on them, and as rain lashed against the white-washed walls, furious that it couldn't enter, the curtain of now-opaque swirling smoke started to spin round and round, quickly escalating into a small but terrifying whirlwind. Gradually, the smoke parted to reveal a white, limp and lifeless girl, and as she was pulled mercilessly into the fast and furious vortex, her eyes slowly opened and, in a voice that was barely a whisper, she made a promise with her last and final breath.

"I'm Coming For You."