Chapter- 4

It was nighttime when Ruhi returned to Khanna Mansion. Due to an emergency, she had left in the morning after applying ointment to Ayaan. Both her brothers were still not at home, and her father might be in his study as she saw his car parked outside. The aroma of food coming from the kitchen gave away that her mother might be in the kitchen. Despite having tons of workers working in the mansion, her mother believed in making all the meals by herself. According to her, it was the personal space of the family where no one else was allowed. Her father was a great cook, and seeing him, both her brothers learned cooking and followed the same rule, while she too eventually followed in their footsteps.

However, the irony was that while her brothers learned cooking from their father and enjoyed the luxury, she learned it from her sister-in-law. After leaving Khanna Mansion, both the Raizada's and Singhania's extended their help. For a month, she and her Bhaiyu lived in the Raizada mansion, with Kabir assisting her brother financially. It was during that time she learned cooking from her sister-in-law, either to help them or in a way to distract herself from the ongoing circumstances in her life.

She knocked on Ayaan's door, and after a few minutes, he opened it. Ruhi looked at him in surprise and walked in, while Ayaan immediately closed the door behind her.

"Ghar mein mask pehn ke kyu ghoom raha hai?"

Ayaan removed his mask and sighed, "Mere face ka structure bigda hua hai. Jab tak yeh nishan chale nahi jaate tab tak main mask pehen ke hi rakunga."

"Ghar mein bhi?" Ruhi asked amused.

Ayaan nodded, "I don't have a choice."

"Aur Papa se kya kahega?"

Ayaan shrugged.

"Ek idea hai mere pass. Kehna skin pollution na ho jaaye isliye mask pehne ghoom raha hoon." Ruhi said in a teasing tone.

Ayaan glared, "Bahut maza aa raha hai na aapko?"

"Bahut!" Ruhi drawled, "Itna ki jab asli drama chalu hoga tab toh main popcorn leke baithne wali hu."

"Oh really? Par aaj subah aapne he mujhe bachaya tha na. Main bhi Dad se kahunga what you did."

Ruhi scoffed, "Toh jaa bolna...mene jo kiya vo tujhe bachane ke liye but tu jo karega vo khud ko fasne ke liye hoga. Go go tell dad how you got into a fight and how wonderful and colorful your face looks like. He will give you rewards akhir unka bacha kitna mahan kaam kar ke aya hai."

Ayaan looked away. The anger was not lost on him.

Ruhi shook her head and made him sit on the bed, holding his hand. "I won't beat around the bush. Mujhe bas mere ek sawal ka jawab chahiye and that too truth. Clear?"

Ayaan nodded.

Ruhi made him look at her. "You like Payal?"

Ayaan rose up immediately. "Nahi."

Ruhi turned him towards her. "Then why so protective? Payal ne clearly bola tha that it was an accident and you reacted this way. Like seriously?"

Ayaan tried to look away, but Ruhi didn't let him.

"Either you are telling me this or I will ask Dada or Bhaiyu to have a talk with you in this matter if you are embarrassed in talking to me," Ruhi said a bit sternly. She didn't wish to force him, but her brother was just seventeen, at an age where teens might slip. She trusted her brother, but still, a few things are better to be talked out.

Ayaan sighed, "Asa kuch nahi hai, Jiji."

"It's okay to like someone, Ayu," Ruhi said gently, sensing his apprehension. Ayaan looked at Ruhi, shocked.