𝟐𝟐| 𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖕𝖞 𝖙𝖎𝖒𝖊𝖘

CHARMING HAD TREATED her fairly over the last year

CHARMING HAD TREATED her fairly over the last year. Tessa's life had turned into the complete opposite of what it once was. Toxic men were definitely no longer a part of her life. Instead, she had a man by her side who might have looked incredibly dangerous, intimidating and scary, but treated her like a queen and loved her sonᅳ their son.

They were currently sitting on the bed, her legs crossed and her body facing him while he leaned against the headboard, laughing at one of the stories he told her about his old days in Tacoma. In the last year, which had been pretty carefree, she had had the chance to get to know every side and piece of Happy's pastᅳ and he now knew every detail of her life too.

"Sounds like you've been close to ending up in jail a few times. But for something stupid like that?", she asked teasingly, bumping his knee with hers, almost knocking over the container of vanilla ice cream. "No!"

Tessa caught the cup just in time, giggling as Happy just rolled his eyes in amusement. "It's just ice cream, you know?"

"Well, for a pregnant woman it's a lot more than just ice cream", she scoffed before a grin broke out on her face again as Happy took a spoon himself. "I thought you didn't like vanilla ice cream?"

"Give me a break, woman", he huffed out, a deep chuckle following as he shook his head. "You eat most of the food in the house anyway."

Which was okay, more than okay. Happy wanted Tessa to eat, to have a healthy relationship with food, especially now during her pregnancy. She wasn't far along, especially now in the beginning she needed all the minerals and vitamins that were importantᅳ at least that's what the gynecologist had explained and Happy had decided to just believe it.

But as if she hadn't been beautiful enough already, the additional glow on her face added to her beautyᅳ if that was even possible. The pregnancy had been a huge surprise for both of them but they were happy about it and hadn't even thought about an abortion. Especially not after what had happened in Tessa's past with Cal.

The Laney woman wasn't showing yet, at least not much. The slightest hint of a bump was visible under her tightest tops, but that was probably just from the constant urge to eatᅳ after all, she was only three months pregnant.

For a long moment, his dark lenses rested on his Old Lady as she told him about different types of ice cream and how great she found each one. Never in his life would he have thought he would listen to a woman for so long, but he enjoyed listening to Tessa's ramblings about the simplest things.

The corners of his mouth twitched upwards in a faint smile as he kept studying her, how her now chin-length hair perfectly framed her face. He still remembered last week when Tessa suddenly stood in front of him with short hair, nervous as ever and unsure if he would like it.

Short version; a few minutes later they ended up in the bedroom, fucking like rabbits. Although that would've happened even without a new haircut.

Over time, both had figured out what the other liked and while both were completely happy with the way the other looked anyway, Happy had let his beard grow a little, just a little, because he knew that Tessa liked it when it rubbed and tickled her skinᅳ and because she had an even harder time to take her eyes off him when he didn't feel like shaving.