53| 𝘏𝘢𝘶𝘯𝘵 𝘜𝘴

The sound of a soft voice reached my ears, a voice that I longed to hear for hours

The sound of a soft voice reached my ears, a voice that I longed to hear for hours. “Open your eyes, Maan.”

I whispered, “Rika?” and my eyes shimmered with hope as I looked at my wife.

She smiled back at me, wearing the same white saree, but now free from the stains of blood.

She reached out her arms, beckoning me to her.

With each step, the pain in my body seemed to fade away. As I embraced her, I knew that this was reality, not just a cruel dream.

Perhaps the nightmare had finally come to an end.

I held onto her tightly, burying my face in the warmth of her neck, finding solace in her embrace, just like always.

“I was scared, Rika," I murmured with quivering breaths, my heart weighed down by fear.

“Please don't.” She whispered softly, gently pulling me away from her embrace, her eyes reflecting both love and pain.

She gazed at me, her smile still warm as she held my chin delicately in her hand.

Her soft lips met my tear-streaked eyes, causing more tears to cascade down my cheeks.

“You know I love you, right?” She admitted, her expression showing only a soft smile on her lips.

I simply nodded, clutching onto her tightly, seeking comfort and solace in her presence.

“I had a terrible nightmare, the worst one.” I murmured, my voice barely above a whisper, feeling drained and vulnerable.

Was it merely a nightmare? Uncertainty lingered, hoping desperately that it was all just a figment of my imagination.

“That wasn't a nightmare, Maan.” Rika whispered, her thumb gently brushing against my lips. The pain in my chest intensified, causing me to shake my head in disbelief.

“No matter what it was, it's over now. We'll always be together.” I declared, holding her tightly in my arms.

The confusion I felt was overwhelming, but as long as I was with my wife, I found solace in the midst of it all.

“Look at me, Maan.” She pleaded softly, her voice filled with tenderness.

Reluctantly, I met her gaze, unsure of what she was about to say.

“I'll always be by your side, even if I am not there.” She uttered, causing a pang of pain to surge through me. Her words echoed in my mind, causing a sharp ache in my chest as I struggled to comprehend what was happening.

“What the hell are you trying to say, Rika!” I shouted in frustration.

She let out a soft chuckle wiping her tears and gently kissed my hands.