Prologue

Before I start drawing a picture of my storytelling, I would like to explain the structure of the mafia world in my head. I will be following this chart so you better learn it quick.

Boss/Capo Dei Capi: Head Of The Mafia/Capo dei capi

Underboss: The Heir Of Mafia/Next In-Line

Consigliere: An Advisor To The Boss

Capo/Made Men: Operating/Supervising Assigned Cities

Associates: Lowest In Rank Who Wants To Link With The Mafia/Work As An Informant

Prologue

January 10th.

A trail of laughter followed them as they exited the mall. Their arms affectionately entangled while their eyes gripping each other's sight for long, which the girl tore out of shyness. His eyes flicked on her flushing pink cheek, a smile crept on his thin lips.

Trenton couldn't buy this was happening. She was here, on a date with him. This very girl who he used to have a crush upon. She finally agreed to become his girlfriend. He was considering himself the luckiest in NYC right now.

Another chuckle left her lips as she tugged her chestnut hair lock behind her ear, making him blink for a fraction of a second. "God, that was so funny and your reaction, that stole the show. I can't get my head off it," She shook her head and put her fist on her curled lips as a cold gust of wind of Manhattan needled her bones.

He noticed she was quivering despite wearing a long trench coat, gloves and a bobble hat. A little much of everything but still not enough. A snowflake flew down and sat on her nose's bridge. He watched her forehead creasing into a faint wrinkle before she shooed it with her hand wave. A faint titter caught his throat, she glanced in his direction and chuckled, biting her lip. His intense gaze was playing with her thudding heart. He didn't realise he was boring holes in her dimple.

He halted in the middle of the pathway and turned to her front. Passersby shot love-stocked eyes at the young couple as he unwrapped the muffler around his neck and cloaked her neck with the warm fabric. She exhaled the fog out of her mouth and rubbed her gloves together. The hue of her cheek was picking more colours when she glanced back into his eyes and smiled warmly.

"You are the sweetest. Thank you, for this. I mean I'll return it tomorrow," She nodded faintly while babbling.

Trenton sighed out of love. "No need. It's yours now," She lifted her brow and bit the insides of her lower lip. The innocence exhibited out of her was in bulks and to say It wasn't hitting him in all right places would be a lie. His heart was being affected first and foremost. She wandered her eyeballs in silence while waiting for his next move which should be none other than his lips on hers, but they didn't come and that made her look back at him. Finding him awaiting, her brow arched until he was asking her to move.

"And also for the supper and the movie, thank you. Everything was perfect, I enjoyed tonight," She blurted out for an unknown reason. He was being way too nice and she wasn't used to that so she didn't know how to act.

Trenton watched her dazedly as she continued blinking, baffled.

"Me too. You made it all perfect," He murmured softly and smiled back. He offered her his hand and she shyly took it. They began walking to the parking lot. Nothing was exchanged between them until Trenton broached the topic of sports events coming this following week in school. She was a cheerleader for an upcoming basketball game that he'd be playing against another ivy school. She also volunteered in gymnastics. This week will be hectic but worth it. Both were charged to get the best out of it as it was their final year.