To The World Beyond Blood

5

A tumultuous blow snapped open her eyes. Adeline jerked on her bed with her eyes hysterically flitting to the tribulation that caused the mattress to wiggle so bad.

"Jesus, Becca," She rasped out without realising her hand latched onto her thumping heart. Rebecca splayed her limbs all over the mattress and stretched out, grunting peacefully before turning onto her stomach, caging Adeline in her hazel crystals.

"I swear I wish I were marrying your fucker. This place is so fucking amazing, Addy! Did I tell you, you are one lucky bitch? Oh yes, I did," She rumbled on, never missing a chance to make Adele roll her eyes.

This girl had been obsessing about the estate after touring almost every part of it from the outside. It was no lie that this place was heaven disguised on land but Adeline was taught much more than to only think about that. Her mind constantly kept her on toes thinking if she was really capable of standing shoulder to shoulder by her partner. Everything here spoke of prestige, class, luxury, discipline. Was she really prepared enough to introduce herself to this world?

Even when Adeline had been briefed about their decorum, traditions and rules since ten, she never thought coming here and witnessing it with her eyes would surprise her this much. It'd been a day and just by touring the property had her guessing this was a bigger game than she anticipated and now, tonight she finally had to meet the families. The Noble Families.

"Yeah, this place is comfy," She murmured plainly, hiding her nervousness by raking her eyes around the room.

Trenton told her they'd be staying in the eighth wing as they wanted to keep the bride-to-be away from the groom. When Becca asked if they could move into a hotel, he told them it was out of the rules. This was the main property and the guests always stay here. She could tell this land probably cost the capo a fortune. From separate luxury mansion-wings to vineyards, tennis court, extensive gardens with one containing a fountain, outdoor bars, additional garages and generous greenery surrounding the property from its outskirts. They had every fucking thing on their plate.

"Seriously, can we swap positions? I mean you can go to Spain and have fun. Anna will take you out. Try out your first shot of tequila and gift your virginity to some beefy lad there, I swear Spaniards fuck like beasts, their cocks are...argh, I can't tell," Adeline was only getting disgusted by her graphic explanation. "And yes, I have a friend Rico who owns a swanky club. You will find many brats there, surprisingly your type too, but please can I marry this fucker?" Becca pleaded with her narrow eyes, feigning all guilelessness that she could. Adeline stared at her and inhaled sharply before tossing the duvet and stepping out.

"Please," Becca held her arm as she was about to brush past her. Adeline glanced at her and found her lower lip pulping out.

"We have bigger things to do than act nutty. Get up, Trent must be waiting for us at the table," Adeline turned around but couldn't step away as Becca tightened her hold on her arm.

"Oops, looks like the princess doesn't know about the table rule. We already have had our breakfast without you 'cause you got up late and I heard one housekeeper saying if one misses out the meal time, he has to wait for the next one. So no entertainment for latecomers," She jerked her hand sarcastically. Adeline turned around, stared at her while processing her words and walked to the nightstand where her phone was sitting. Picking it up, she read the time to be twenty past ten. Shit. She was two hours late. Breakfast started at eight.

"No breakfast for the princess," Becca jibed, Adeline graced her with an offensive scowl.

She put her phone back and stalked away.

Becca watched her silently raging as she stomped toward the bathroom. A sardonic smile was stretching on her lips when Adeline turned her eyes at her behind the door.