Yearning For Her

9

Spoiler Alert: You all got it wrong and I'm so going to enjoy this.

Kieran was done with his frivolous behaviour. First getting stoned on heroin and then fucking that blondie's mouth knowing he would be married by the end of this week. This boy had no sense, not even a fucking bit. Whatever he did to him in the dungeon, he all asked for it. Now at least a week he needed to recover from the bruises which were why the wedding date had to be extended till next week.

Kieran was stomping to his wing while unfolding the sleeves of his blood-stained shirt when he heard a howl that was followed by a scream by the time he reached the garden.

Trudging, his eyes squinted at a figure whose legs were visibly shuddering while staring at a pup. The small nuisance was wrapped around the razor wires of the electric fence. He definitely tried to climb the wall and got tangled in them. It was a common occurrence that he grew tired of. Many dogs had died and no exception this one was going to too. But what got him sprinting was when she rushed toward the pup in desperation to untangle the wires that were needled into the animal's skin.

Before her fingers could touch the electrically-charged body, he hooked his arm around her waist and dragged her back. Her arms and legs extended in protest, she tried to push herself forward while sobbing incessantly. "Help him, help him, please, he is dying!" She screeched in a thick mournful voice. Kieran blinked and realised it was her. Maverick's daughter.

His eyes flitted to her side-face, her button-nose and right cheek were tainted pink while her chin wobbled as she stared ahead. An enticing drop of tear streamed down her eyes, Kieran puffed his chest with a deep breath before she blinked her wet lashes and turned her head to him. The innocence and gloom overcasting a shade over her cute features had his heart enduring a giddy jolt. Her greenish-brown orbs meaningfully pleading with his emotionless ones; the ones that told nothing but seemed to be losing themselves in her depth. He had mastered the skill of impassiveness. No matter what went on his inside, it never came out, which was why her brows creased in a sorrowful frown.

"Please, I beg you, he can die," Her concern-moulded features brought a slight uncertainty inside him. He averted his gaze to the pup whose tongue was struck out. His men came around the scene. He glanced at the bald one who nodded once and communicated through his eyes that he had switched off the electric supply. Kieran nudged his head at the pup and the bald man stepped ahead to unwrap the wires.

Adeline's stoned gaze averted from his face when she heard the footfall. She swivelled her head back and saw that man mercilessly untwisting the wires around the poor soul. Her heart lurched in her mouth. The pup was unconscious or probably dead but his harshness was slicing her insides. She tried to step ahead but that hold on her waist was tight, which only instinctively got tighter as she stirred.

"Please, do it slowly, you are hurting him," She advised him. The man fumed and looked at his boss. Kieran, with his stoned-face, batted his eyelashes, letting him know to listen to her. The man followed his instructions and gently freed the pet from the sharp wires.

Adeline constantly wanted to step ahead but the unnecessary hold on her was a barrier keeping her back. Her brow crumbled as she glanced down at his hand and then back at him. Her eyes spoke it all but he seemed to avoid her gaze.

"You are holding me," she tapped on his fingers. Her mind rang a buzzer as she registered their proximity. Her back touching his front. His arms securing too tightly around her. She felt her ears prickling in heat. If her father saw them like this, he would kill her this very moment.

Kieran matched her gaze and she saw his jaw twitching in annoyance. She felt bothered by his annoyance. What's him with his ever-sore-headed look?

He quickly backed his hands. She dragged her gaze from his face to his chest and on the ground before she strode to the pup. Hastily, she kneeled and sized up his wounds. Blood was rapidly gushing out of his wounds. Her breath staggered seeing his poor condition. She placed her hand over his heart and assessed the pulse. Fortunately, his heart was beating against her hand. The pulse was faint but she was glad to feel it.