Oneshot

Y/N had always been an exceptional assassin. Her work was precise and undetected, and joining Baroque Works had seemed like the perfect next step in her career. She thrived in the shadows, executing her missions with clinical efficiency. But all of that changed the moment she laid eyes on Sir Crocodile. The powerful, enigmatic leader captivated her, and she fell for him instantly. His commanding presence, his sharp intellect, and the subtle kindness he occasionally showed his subordinates made her heart race.

Yet, love had its price. Y/N found herself coughing up flower petals, her heart aching with unspoken feelings. She knew about Hanahaki disease, a rare affliction caused by unrequited love, but never imagined she'd be its victim. The disease manifested in its victims coughing up flower petals, a symptom of love unreciprocated. Determined to hide her condition, she pushed herself to continue her work, but the petals and her distraction caused her efficiency to plummet.

Sir Crocodile noticed the decline. His usually reliable assassin was making mistakes, and it infuriated him. One day, his patience snapped. He called her to his office, his eyes dark with anger.

"Y/N! What is wrong with you?" he bellowed, his voice echoing through the halls of the Baroque Works base. "You used to be one of my best, and now you're sloppy and distracted!"

Y/N stood before him, trembling. The weight of his anger and her own unspoken love threatened to crush her. "I-I'm sorry, Sir," she stammered, tears welling in her eyes. "I-I'll do better."

Crocodile's gaze hardened. "See that you do," he growled, dismissing her with a wave of his hand. "I have no use for incompetence."

Y/N fled his office, her heart pounding in her chest. She could barely hold back the sobs threatening to escape. The moment she reached her quarters, she collapsed on her bed, coughing violently. Petals scattered across the floor as she cried, the pain in her chest intensifying. She clutched at her heart, feeling as though it were being ripped apart from the inside.

Meanwhile, Mr. 1, passing by her room, noticed the trail of petals and frowned. "What is going on here?" he muttered, picking up a petal. He was perplexed and worried. Y/N's work had always been impeccable until recently. He decided to take the petals to Sir Crocodile, hoping for some answers.

"Sir, there's something strange going on with Y/N. I found these," he said, holding out the petals.

Crocodile's eyes widened. He recognized the significance of the petals but didn't want to jump to conclusions. "What does this mean?" he asked, his voice tight.

Before Mr. 1 could answer, Bon Clay entered, "Darlings, what are you talking about?" he asked, his voice filled with genuine concern as he entered the room, his flamboyant presence filling the space with a burst of energy.

Mr. 1 glanced at him, his usually stoic expression softened by worry. "There's something wrong with Y/N. She's been coughing up these petals," he explained, holding out the delicate blooms for Bon Clay to see.

Bon Clay's eyes widened in shock as he took in the sight of the petals, his heart sinking with dread. "Oh, no! This is Hanahaki disease!" he exclaimed, his voice trembling with concern for his friend.

Crocodile's gaze sharpened, his mind racing as he processed the implications of Bon Clay's words. "Hanahaki disease?" he repeated, his voice tight with tension. "Are you certain?"

Bon Clay nodded, his eyes filled with worry. "Yes, darling. It's a rare affliction caused by unrequited love. If Y/N's feelings aren't reciprocated, she'll... she'll die."

Crocodile's heart pounded. "In love?" he echoed, the implications hitting him hard. "With who?"

Bon Clay shrugged. "Who knows? But if she doesn't get her feelings reciprocated, she'll die."

Crocodile's mind raced. He had to know who had captured Y/N's heart. The next day, he summoned her to his office.

Y/N entered, her eyes downcast. The fatigue and pain from the disease were evident in her pale face and trembling hands. "You wanted to see me, Sir?" she asked, her voice barely above a whisper.

Crocodile leaned forward, his expression intense. "Y/N, I need you to be honest with me. Who is it? Who's causing your Hanahaki disease?"

Y/N's eyes widened in shock and embarrassment. She looked away, her heart pounding in her chest. "I... I can't say," she whispered, tears streaming down her face. "It's okay if you want to fire me or even kill me. It doesn't matter. I'll die either way."

Crocodile's stern demeanor softened for a moment. He stood and moved around the desk, standing before her. "Y/N, tell me. Who is it?" he asked, his voice gentler.

She looked up at him, her face red with shame and tears. "It's you, Sir," she confessed, her voice breaking. "I've loved you since the moment I saw you."

Crocodile's heart ached at her confession. He reached out, taking her face gently in his large hand. "Y/N," he began, but she continued to babble, not registering his words.

"I know you don't feel the same, and it's foolish of me, but I couldn't help it," she continued, her voice choked with sobs. "I just... I couldn't tell you. I didn't want to burden you."

In one swift motion, Crocodile leaned in and kissed her deeply. Y/N froze in shock, but then melted into the kiss, tears of relief and joy streaming down her face. The kiss was filled with unspoken promises and years of pent-up emotions.

When they finally parted, Crocodile rested his forehead against hers. "I love you too, Y/N. I was too blind to see it until now."

Y/N looked up at him, her red eyes filled with hope and disbelief. "You... you do?" she asked, her voice trembling.

He nodded, smiling softly. "Yes, and I won't let you go. We'll face everything together."

Y/N's tears flowed freely, but this time they were tears of joy. "Thank you," she whispered, her voice filled with emotion. "I don't know what to say."

Crocodile kissed her again, gently this time. "You don't have to say anything. Just stay with me."

That night, Y/N and Crocodile lay together, wrapped in each other's arms. The petals had stopped, and Y/N felt a peace she hadn't known in months. Crocodile's strong arms around her were a comforting presence, and she nestled closer to him, feeling safe and loved.

As they lay in the dim light, Crocodile stroked her hair gently. "I'm sorry I didn't notice sooner," he murmured, his voice filled with regret. "I should have seen what you were going through."

Y/N shook her head. "It's not your fault. I hid it from everyone. I was afraid."

Crocodile tightened his hold on her. "You don't have to be afraid anymore. We'll get through this together."

Y/N snuggled closer, her face pressed against his chest. "I love you," she whispered, her voice filled with contentment.

Crocodile kissed the top of her head. "And I love you, my doll."

They drifted off to sleep, the bloom of their love stronger than any affliction, their future bright with the promise of a new beginning. As the moonlight filtered through the window, casting a soft glow over the room, the petals that had once symbolized Y/N's pain now lay forgotten, replaced by the warmth and comfort of their newfound love.

__________
Hey 👋
This was my first FF in a oneshot!
I hope you liked it !
Kudos to all readers!