Chapter 1. Page 1.

“Dark, darker, yet even darker, to describe such a void is to describe an abyss. An abyss that seeks to swallow everything whole. An abyss that seeks nothing more than to devour and then regurgitate. An abyss that within its stomach lays a behemoth that is fed. This void has a name… magnum omega.” 

“EMILIA! GET UP ALREADY! Father Modius is about to begin his sermon.” A voice rang out as a young woman shot up from her bed dazed her long blonde hair frizzled up as she rubbed the grogginess from her eyes as she got up stretching as she yawned before looking around and grabbing a white dress with long sleeves with a pair of golden wings emblazoned on the each. She slipped it on before grabbing a black low cut over-shirt with those same wings reaching across from the back all the way to the front. The young woman frowned slightly, she always disliked these ceremonial clothes but she couldn't complain.

She walked to the door before opening it as she saw a woman in similar clothing standing on one of the many steps of the long flight of stairs to other doors, her hair was a fiery red as her lilac eyes were half opened as she seemed born. “Good to know you didn't need those extra 3 hours of beauty sleep Emilia.” The woman spoke as Emilia rolled her eyes before smiling at the woman. “I said I was sorry, roze. Besides, aren't I still adorable?” Emilia teased as she made puppy dog eyes with roze simply smiling before returning to a serious demeanor.

“In all seriousness, Tate and Alexander are waiting for us and I don't feel like having father modius grill us for your need for 11 hours of sleep.” Roze spoke bluntly as Emilia nodded before the two began descending down the flight of stairs 

They soon arrived at the bottom of the staircase as they saw two young men bickering, one a brunette who wore a white suit with the golden emblazoned on the shoulders as the either man with jet black hair wore a similar suit as he was helping adjust the brunette.

“I keep telling you al I can tie a damn tie.” The brunette grumbled as the raven haired man glared at him unamused. 

“Tate. I have known you-""for seventeen years I know, good grief Alexander you sound like whenever my mugear breaks and starts repeating the tunes I'm listening to.” Tate interrupted Alexander as the two look at each other before roze cleared her throat “attention muscle head and bird face. Stop bickering for a moment and let's be ready for the sermon.” Roze spoke as the two looked at her before adjusting their positions as Alexander noded with Tate simply rolling his eyes at the raven haired man. He soon turned his attention to Emilia as the two waved at each other.

The four soon found themselves in a church as the rows of seats were packed with all kinds of people. Some Lyonius. Others Regulisers, but most were humans, we see Emilia looking around as the sun shined through the stained glass tapestries of a dragon descending from the heavens, with the main focus of the building was the large marble statue of a dragon wrapped around the world.

The entire church was bustling with life before a clap was heard as a masked man in a white robe with red sash laying on his shoulders. His was were scarred as the back of his hands held a tattoo of dragon claws, his mask had covered his entire face with there a being a cross cut out of the metal mask as the man soft blue eyes seemingly pierced everyone's soul. He walked up to a podium that was in front of the large statue.

“Hello again my dear children. Today marks the end of an era. Twenty years have passed since I have been instituted and I hope to be here for another ten. In these past two decades I have grown to believe that the only thing stronger than the bond of this church, is the dragon gods themselves. So on this cusp of the next era I'd like to take a moment and pray. Pray for good harvest, pray for loved ones and pray that when the dragon gods return they will usher us into the heavens where we may learn to grow with them.” The man monologues as the people seemed enthralled in his speech as Emilia smiled at Roze, Tate, and Alexander with Roze having a more serious expression, Tate beaming as he listened intently to the speech as Alexander just stood there patiently.